The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making of the Airsoft Mortar

+7
twizzlerman
Nick
allout
Drogdar
Nokrot
Lunchbox
Howie
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Making of the Airsoft Mortar - Page 2 Empty Re: Making of the Airsoft Mortar

Post by Howie 5th February 2012, 7:11 pm

Until Now, no Homemade Cannon was ever used or built For used at wilcox Field. , When the Rules were Drafted By a Senior AirSoft Player. Not to mention there were no buildings, Airplanes or SSDT truck used on the field.

Common sense with the Mini Cannon, Flame thrower should always be Safety of the other players. If you think you don't have a Good shot wait or move around for the better shot, in other words don't take the Shot if you have a lot of movement.

Now you bring up the Flame thrower , And what Allout was refering too was people being hit with multiple B.B.s within the MEd it was allowed, I mean, for Exsample, if your med for the fame thrower was 50 feet and your engage a player at 25-30 feet , the Flame thrower guy didn't follow his med for it. End result you get a piss off player.

Now I could see if the Flame thrower guy ran within thirty feet of a building a spray the outside of the building where the players inside was still protected, Keep in mind your surroundings and not stand at the entrance of the building because you know the other player going to come out running, or near a window where he may stick his head out. Please Follow Howie's Rule number one " Please let common sense work"

I Believe I have Posted the following
No rules has been set up for the cannon, next step is give a field demo, to ensure it's safe for players, safe for play.

and I wrote

Now this cannon will not be used in any games untill it has been approve by the Admins as Safe , When I say Field Demo, I refer to testing on the field to ensure it can be used during the game, No that I build itm doesn't mean we are going to use in the game without any testing. Once its been approve and the rules are set for it, then it made be used on the field during game days.Very Happy

Now Not knowing what we have learned in the past help serves to correct issues with homemade stuff, Now Each weapon will have to pass whatever the Admin want' to see to okay the homemade weapon and he can reject it for improvements.

THIS WHAT THE FIELD DEMO CONSIST OF;
1. test Distance , to set up MEDS, This cannon has many different angles ,
2. Once a Distance for meds are set up, then I will have Chey Chu launch them toward me at recommend distance.
" since these rockets are Light , the accurancy will not be there if the wind is blowing, As per the Video on youtube" Mostly to see what and how bad it is if a person got hit by accident .
3. Max Pressure Test , Holding cylinder pressure,
4. Players Questions and Admin Questions

Overall I will only approve this cannon for buildings or vehicles
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 5th February 2012, 7:23 pm

Nokrot and butterbean

What size was the NERF Footballs ?
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by butterbean 5th February 2012, 7:26 pm

Follow Howie's Rule number one " Please let common sense work"... ill stick with murpheys law instead lol.

Mortar I speak of used the same nerf footballs yours using. As for nokrots launcher I am not positive.positive
butterbean
butterbean
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 5th February 2012, 7:36 pm

Okay, Now I have consider what you have said. And I have said it will not be used at wilcox until we test it, But the cannon will make the trip to stonewall and thier Admins will have to approve it before it is used during that game.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by butterbean 5th February 2012, 7:41 pm

And if its approved their ill be looking forward to taking it out Very Happy

But I can attest to the one our weapons platoon made (close set up to your own) cracked two peoples ribs (one being mine) and fractured a jaw. But that could be a good dinner story lol. Not downing the project howie. I do think its pretty bad a$$
butterbean
butterbean
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 5th February 2012, 8:15 pm

I will ensure that this will be used as safe as possible, if means keeping the cannon at 200 feet away from something like the village or dirt base at wilcox or whenever it may be used during a operation or game day.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 5th February 2012, 8:46 pm

butterbean wrote:
Che Chuy wrote:Perhaps if the flame thrower were not man portable.

Im have to call BS on this for flame throwers were man portable. It was the reasoning behind them.

there are peple running the field for a reason and as said, it will not be use untill the admins (people that run the field) approve it. i guarantee you that all of those injuries happend because those rocket(s) were aimed and shot at directly to those people. if the admins say you can/can't use what ever you present to them then so be it. END OF STORY. i dont think these guys would wanna see anybody get hurt on their watch.
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th February 2012, 9:23 pm

We also do not have rules for safe transporting of personnel to the back corner of the field or back to the parking lot via a vehicle - I'm pretty sure that's going to stop, now.

And you can be sure that rules will be enforced more strictly, now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2