The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP: Tenaru River -23,24 Mar 13 - Cancelled...

2 posters

Go down

OP: Tenaru River -23,24 Mar 13 - Cancelled... Empty OP: Tenaru River -23,24 Mar 13 - Cancelled...

Post by savoy6 22nd January 2013, 8:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
....IN ORDER TO SECURE OUR AXIS OF ADVANCE, ALL US AND ALLIED FORCES WILL PATROL FORWARD FROM THEIR DEFENSIVE POSITIONS ALONG A LINE PARALLEL TO THE TENARU RIVER. ALL VILLAGES AND THE FORMER RUBBER PLANTATION WILL BE CLEARED AND HELD...

For those who may be interested....this is a WW2 PTO themed airsoft game.
uni regs are easy....US and allied in OD......Japanese in khaki.web gear and bags or rucks...no tennis shoes,vests,tac gear ,jansport backpacks or other such stuff....the Japanese will mostly be members of team hellfish to form a trained cadre that already know the field to simulate the level of knowledge the Japanese already had with jungle warfare in this time frame...the US forces will be tasked with several objectives during the course of the game that will include patrolling,gathering intel,clearing villages,and holding defensive positions and LPs during the night segment....if the weather is good then we may just have everyone on the line through most of the night.....you have to keep an ear out,take sleep shifts,etc....and watch for banzai attacks...
also let me add that entry for this is FREE..but we will require that those going to speak up and post here so that we can figure out numbers for the US side.....

Last edited by savoy6 on 1st March 2013, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

OP: Tenaru River -23,24 Mar 13 - Cancelled... Empty Re: OP: Tenaru River -23,24 Mar 13 - Cancelled...

Post by dino 22nd January 2013, 11:15 pm

I'm in.

dino
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

Back to top Go down

OP: Tenaru River -23,24 Mar 13 - Cancelled... Empty Re: OP: Tenaru River -23,24 Mar 13 - Cancelled...

Post by savoy6 14th February 2013, 7:04 pm

promo vid for the game....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by savoy6 1st March 2013, 9:21 am

given the lack of interest in doing anything that doesn't involve tac vests and multicam..this has been cancelled...
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st March 2013, 11:37 am

Wait, so no one wants to wear tac vests or that they only want to?

Back to top Go down

Post by savoy6 1st March 2013, 12:18 pm

i posted this up initially on the alabama forums....within ten minutes i had the first "well i want to go since it's free but can i wear my woodland BDUs and my black tactical vest?" post....went that way for the last month or so...i'm lucky to live in one of the largest airsoft communities in the SE...and it's full of people that either want to do nothing but the 50 yard dash around some indoor joint the size of a walgreens while surrendering other players....(since that takes little to no skill)..or they want nothing but MC vs Everything else type games...after 12 years it's just getting old...
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st March 2013, 12:39 pm

I completely understand that - the one that I did (that failed*) started exactly the same - people complaining about uniforms.

Sadly tan-green is all the majority wants, so I have observed. Hell, insist that each team limit to one support weapon per so many players and people gripe about the definition of "support" and high cap mag counts and it's just as depressing as talking about costumes.

Yes, I said da-gum costumes. That's what it is.

* I believe it failed for two reasons.

1. I told the teams to listen to a radio channel for missions from HQ, and I spent 30 minutes trying to get ANYONE to answer - my bad, I should have been more clear than 'each team has a radio channel for missions'.

2. Heat. Someone got hurt, we all stood around making sure the individual was o.k. and people started hanging out in the shade. My fault again - I picked the wrong weekend.

Very Happy I bitch because I only sorta care these days.

But I feel ya. Can I wear bubbaflage - but just my hat, to the next OP?

Back to top Go down

Post by savoy6 1st March 2013, 2:25 pm

as long as it's that pith helmet....we need to have a safari game...lol..
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st March 2013, 4:18 pm

Pith's vs. Beanies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down