The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP Brushfire....Dec 4 ,2010....Phenix City,AL.

5 posters

Go down

OP Brushfire....Dec 4 ,2010....Phenix City,AL. Empty OP Brushfire....Dec 4 ,2010....Phenix City,AL.

Post by savoy6 4th December 2010, 8:49 pm

some op brushfire pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
everyone else can add more in here...
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

OP Brushfire....Dec 4 ,2010....Phenix City,AL. Empty Re: OP Brushfire....Dec 4 ,2010....Phenix City,AL.

Post by Howie 4th December 2010, 9:57 pm

nice photos Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

OP Brushfire....Dec 4 ,2010....Phenix City,AL. Empty Re: OP Brushfire....Dec 4 ,2010....Phenix City,AL.

Post by savoy6 4th December 2010, 10:14 pm

yeah..lol..i think howie needs the "most mags carried in a single engagement" award....
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 4th December 2010, 10:24 pm

sorry we had to miss it Mad
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 4th December 2010, 10:28 pm

My rule of thumb prepare for the worst case scenerio Very Happy Smile Laughing
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

OP Brushfire....Dec 4 ,2010....Phenix City,AL. Empty My AAR..No Mercy...lol

Post by savoy6 6th December 2010, 10:03 pm

i guess i need to put this here....since the other brushfire topic is locked for some reason....from the TBJ forums....

Just wanted to do something of a short AAR on OP Brushfire....at least a un-edited one..lol...

To Keith and Stoney and the refs...great game organization, good running of the missions...and good dealing with the wide scope of players that were there.To the guys that switched colors to even things up,thanks..your cooperation was greatly appreciated. To everyone that donated toys or cash...thanks...you've helped some kids have a great Christmas...

The day started out pretty cool and windy...very "un" african like..lol..everyone got geared up and we did the usual safety briefs. Then we headed out for our first mission. The President was with 4 bodyguards at the "palace" and we had to reach them and prevent his capture by the military coup...the opposing side, under Stoney, had to take him....the rest of our side began at the edge of the field. At the onset we had the idea to split into two forces, (note to self..if an idea sounds bad to yourself then don't go with it..), to engage the enemy before he got to the palace and the rest of us were going to remove the president and get him back to safety. By the time we got near the palace our blocking force had been engaged on the road and held up....so only about 4 of us arrived to rescue the president....very quickly we were engaged in the trailer by what seemed to be around 20 folks..the same folks that the pres and his 4 bodyguards had been fighting off for more than 30 mins already.
I have to say..this was some of the heaviest airsoft action i've seen in 10 years...people firing and trying to come through every door and window at once with smokes in play,people even crawling under the joint to shoot at folks...lol..one of our guys went through around 20 mid caps and 6-7 pistol mags in about 15 minutes. It was like black hawk down and the final 10 minutes of SPR rolled into one..absolutely outstanding....we did all end up getting killed with our president being captured and led off hollering into the woods. We held out for almost 45 minutes, but was unable to recover him in the short time remaining after his capture.
After we regrouped and retrieved our President we then went on the next couple of missions, the first of which was an attack and defend followed by two that were mainly fetch ops that turned into grinding road fights were most every corner and trail crossing was heavily contested with alot of close in fighting. Many of the players were good sports about it...more than just a few weren't. All in all a good op even though the loyalist side lost.

Pros- Well organized, well run, with good referee coverage on most of the field despite its large size. Using a field that was pretty new to everyone was a plus...though it led to a lot confusion since many didn't know the field at all...the missions were well thought out and well set up with as little confusion as possible.all you can ask for from event staff...and i'll try and stay on the admin channel more Keith...lol.. and damn..i need to map that field....those draws between the road were killing us...lol

Cons- While i agree to some extent with the stance on chronoing....I really disagree with the whole wounded and dead people being able to talk..well, not just talk ,but stand there with a a dead rag on relaying our positions across the field via radio to guys coming back
in that weren't within earshot or line of sight of us...basically it turns every wounded guy into a spotter making it impossible to move without them having eyes on. Another con for this event..game play attitudes on part of some of the younger members of the opposition..most of the older players, i.e. over 30,were very good players with an attitude that was just about having fun...the younger guys...not so much...
now I know i'll get flack for this but i'm gonna say it anyway....first off...if you just got back from the sandbox in some capacity it doesn't give you leave to act like a hoo-rah dick to folks....i'm also sick to death of these teenage, fire breathing, tactical baby eaters....you know, the guys that seem to think that since they read an article on CQB, watched some youtube vids, or have a set of new cryes that they should be doing hand to hand with other folks,or they go on about "HALOing into the next OP",or how they are "professional" airsofters....lol....the same kind of folks that would turn into a ball of tears and stress the first time a hadji blind fires an AK in their general direction or they have to stand a watch in a force 3 typhoon...lol. I mention this because these seemed to be the age and attitude groups that seemed unable to call hits at this event...as a wounded person i watched individuals on more than 10 separate occasions, sometimes no more than 5 feet from me, getting hit numerous times, not calling and continuing to engage...just bullshit. I mean, i was close enough to get hit by ricochets coming off these guys..guess if you're under 30 ACU/MC/DCU make you bullet proof....lol..but whatever...i've just never understood how folks can throw the key ingredient for this hobby..honesty...out the window because they want to WIN,WIN,WIN....

All in all a good game for fall/stone productions...minus the bad sports that came to play. I hope it doesn't keep ya'll from putting on more stuff in the future.
i also wanted to comment on the outstanding play that we had from all you guys that came to the event...time and time again i watched you guys fight superior number to a stand still....well done foundation..well done..
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 6th December 2010, 10:44 pm

My mistake, Savoy 6!,
I enjoy the battle inside the palace, still amazed how most of our teammate were left on the road, still do not know how Nick and me made it to the palace with no shots fire at us, glad that Savoy 6, Sin, Agent D and two others made into the palace before battle got intense. Sorry Dino I made you sit inside the bathroom, just figure that was the safe room in the palace to keep you alive.
Now the end of the game, I think we should have regroup by the airport, and suck those guys out into the open for easy pickings, the trail was to much like an Death Funnel. I have learn to bring the Force Multiplier (SAW) Now, I would go back an play again,
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 6th December 2010, 10:57 pm

Where can we find the pictures taken by that female photographer?
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by savoy6 6th December 2010, 11:46 pm

yeah i'll talk to stoney,it was his GF, and see when they are geting posted...
Howie..the problem was we kept getting hit from those draws that seem to run between the road system...gave them good cover and movement ability.....i really need to take a weekend and map that field....

savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 7th December 2010, 6:11 pm

AMEN!!! that really sums it up im glad we werent the only ones who saw what really happened i saw a guy take 2 frag grenade hits on 2 occasions and never even said anything but anyways great job by the admins and i really did like the field overall i did have fun save for some of the bs from the rebel side, it wasnt all of them just some hopefully they have another op id love to come back
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 12th December 2010, 6:42 pm

Hey Nick , nice M-4 you got there in the picture
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 12th December 2010, 9:18 pm

i thought u would like that howie haha
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down