The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE 1911 compact project

Go down

WE 1911 compact project Empty WE 1911 compact project

Post by Howie 31st March 2010, 8:35 pm

Just picked up this WE 1911 Compact. I am interested in upgrading a few parts(tightbore, recoil spring, improve gas efficiency). I noticed Airsoft Atlanta has got quit a few upgrade parts. My question is does anyone here have any experience with the WE 1911's?

Written by LT.

Hey Sam,
Far as the WE Compact 1911 goes there no problem with replacing the recoil spring and tightbore barrel, just try not go any farther then that due to the drawing not showning good pic's to re assemble the grip safety. Do not known if you ever had one of these WE models, one main thing to remember Do not let it drop on a hard surface two things will happen a.) the inner working will seize to work b.) you will break something if thumb safety or bend or crack the outer frames,

So pretty much you will drop the magazine and take a small screwdriver and drive out the slide stop latch, remember just like the real thing there are two notches, the first one is to hold the slide in place and the second notch is where the slide needs to be to remove the slide stop pin. then you should be able to remove the barrel and recoil spring and replace them , remember when putting the slide back the hammer should be down ( ready to fire) to add the slide in place.

I believe they said you can use the TM magazines, look into that and see if they are better built the the WE magazines

My references are as follow
the WE1911 US ARMY version
the WE 1911 compact version(broke the slide from dropping)
the WE 1911 baby high cap version times two,(first one drop in garage had to replace it with another, do not being able to fix it.)

Written by Howie
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down