The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panhandle Pistol Challenge April 24,2010

4 posters

Go down

Panhandle Pistol Challenge April 24,2010 Empty Panhandle Pistol Challenge April 24,2010

Post by crazyerchris 3rd April 2010, 11:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Panhandle Airsoft’s
Pistol Competition
April 24, 2010
Cost = $20

Stages 1 &2: 5 – targets
Shooting stages will be a set course with 5 shooting stations per stage. Contestants will begin and end each stage in the same manor (see section 1 & 3). Targets will be visible to contestants in some form while inside the station box. The contestant is to find the best position inside the station box to make his/her shot. Two (2) shots per station is the limit any other shots or lack of shots will result in a time penalty. Shooting with out both feet inside the station box will result in a penalty.
-While moving from station to station the contestant has the option to run or fast walk from station to station.
-If the contestant chooses to run, he/she must holster and secure the weapon before starting movement.
-If the contestant chooses to move with the weapon drawn, he/she must carry the weapon at the low ready position, both hands on weapon, and move at a quick walk.
-If the contestant decided to transition into a run the contestant must come to a complete stop, holster and secure the weapon.
-If the contestant is having trouble finding the correct shooting position the range supervisor can assist at the expense of a 10 second penalty.

Start stage station
-Both feet in box
-Weapon holstered
-Hands up palms out
-Contestant will state “clear” and wait for the buzzer for time to start
-When the buzzer sounds time has started and the contestant will move to the first shooting station

5 – Shooting stations
-Both feet must be inside box
-2 – shots per station (more or less shots will result in penalty)
-Running from station is permitted as long as weapon is holstered
(Contestant does not have to holster weapon between stations, however running will not be allowed.)
-Moving while weapon is active is permitted with a two handed carry at a low ready. ( a fast walk is all that will be permitted in this position)

End stage station
-Both feet in box
-Weapon holstered
-Hand up palms out
-Contestants will state “Clear” and time will stop

Scoring: Points and Time
-Points will be awarded in two categories, head and body shots.
-Contestants will get two (2) shot per target. Targeting cutouts in the head and center mass will indicate accurate shots.
Time will be started at the sound of a buzzer and end when the contestant “CLEARS” the End station.
Final score will be the accumulation of total points on target divided by total time for course completion.

-(3 points) Head shots
-(1 point) Center Mass
-(0 point) No indicated hits
-(- 3 points) More than 2 shots at a single target
-( + 10 seconds) Less than 2 shots fired at shooting station

Time : accumulated time + penalties
-Time will begin on a buzzer; when contestant clears the START station and judges are ready
-Time will end on a buzzer; when contestant clears the STOP station in the correct position.
-Time penalties will be added to the total time

Score
-Total Points / Total time = SCORE

***Competition winner will be the contestant with the best average of both stages. ***

Good luck and happy shooting – Panhandle Airsoft

As you may notice this is an Evike sponsored event so we may have some stuff to give away!

crazyerchris
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Panhandle Pistol Challenge April 24,2010 Empty Re: Panhandle Pistol Challenge April 24,2010

Post by allout 5th April 2010, 9:06 pm

been thinking of something like this for our field keep us posted
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Panhandle Pistol Challenge April 24,2010 Empty Re: Panhandle Pistol Challenge April 24,2010

Post by allout 22nd April 2010, 9:42 pm

if things hold out i'll be heading down Very Happy
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyerchris 22nd April 2010, 9:54 pm

sounds good! hope to see you out there!

crazyerchris
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by MackPerformance 26th April 2010, 12:24 am

Well, what can I say the bottom fell out!!! However, with the weather idiot calling for 70% chance of rain, it never sprinkled. I can honestly say that I was totally disgusted at the response I got at doing a competition. Seems like every one wasn’t ready to compete, didn't have the up they wanted, Sad Sad Sad Sad But after forcing a few people to participate, I am very happy to report that everyone had a blast.

Well, taking some advice from the ISPC (thanks for answering my email) We set up a course that made shooters think. (And believe me when you see someone (most everyone) run the course twice and still forget were targets are) You know that they are going to have a great time. The course was a blast to admin and everyone had a great time. I hope to post some pics later, a special thanks to the Captain and his friend for taking their time to come out a do a proper photo shoot of the event. You can check those out on the SEA site.

I am looking forward to having another FUN competition soon. Looking at a two gun challenge for late summer early fall. Hope to see you all out on the field, soon!!!

Thanks to: Panhandle Airsoft, 77 Extreme Paintball, Evike.com, and SEA for the support and donations.
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
Springer
Springer

http://www.panhandleairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th April 2010, 6:56 am

wish i could of been there but i had to work all day in mobile and moss point ms, Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 29th April 2010, 6:46 pm

i must admit i didn't want to drive 3 hours only to find that its going to rain out the fun then drive home , i know you can have fun in the rain but if i go out of town i want all i can get out of it Sad
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain 30th April 2010, 4:14 pm

I can understand that. We drove to a game out of town about 6 hours away only to have it rain the entire time we were there. Not all that fun when the other team won't play in the rain (though we did). At real IPSC or IDPA competitions they will continue competing. One I went to we kept going until the tornado sirens started wailing.
Captain
Captain
Springer
Springer

http://www.teamduck.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down