The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field Rules

+9
PathFinder
MrJsDaBoss
butterbean
CDR
braxt360
Animal Mother
Nick
twizzlerman
Spartan Pax
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Field Rules Empty Field Rules

Post by Guest 10th December 2011, 9:36 am

Now is a good time to discuss any rule changes or clarifications you would like to see made to the field. I understand that this is a can of worms, or at least potentially, but it has to be done.

Recently, for example, the bang rule has bee dropped. This has resulted in MED's being ignored in CQB and people are starting to get hurt. We need to address this and be consistent about applying the rules.

So I'll start.

1. I'd like to see the zip tie on the barrels come back.

We did it a few times, but I would like to enforce it all the time. It would help with disputes about MED's and help teach train people to recognize their distances.

2. I'd like people to seriously consider secondary weapons.
This would help with the rule above and the next one.

3. I'd like to add a weapon hit rule.
If your weapon is hit, it is out of play and you must use a secondary weapon. If you have no secondary weapon, it counts as a body hit. I have seen people hit in the weapon in what would have been a torso hit shrug off calls because they don't count. I think it's only fair to call them for a couple of reasons:
.....a. Bushes block bb's, not bullets. That's why we (generally) use mid-caps and high-caps to compensate.
.....b. Bullets break guns. If a bb is considered a hit on a person, so too on a weapon.
.....c. It helps with rule 1.
Edit - weapon would come back when a player respawns.

4. Medic rules.
I'd like to get a consistent set of rules that we use, so that all that anyone needs to know is how many respawns they get. Attack & Defend has it's own set, but I mean the longer skirmishes.
.....a. Do we want to set ropes as standard?
.....b. Do we want two person touch?
.....c. Do we want something else?

So, I ask you, is there anything you would like to see implemented or changed?

Last edited by Che Chuy on 10th December 2011, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Field Rules Empty Re: Field Rules

Post by Spartan Pax 10th December 2011, 11:51 am

I would like to see more dead rags

and is the drag rule standard
Spartan Pax
Spartan Pax
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by twizzlerman 10th December 2011, 3:29 pm

I would like to have the string/rope for medics so that admins can tell that you have already been hit and that can also help with the respawn problem, like let's say you have 3 life's you would have 2 white ropes in a pouch/pocket once you run out of ropes next hit is dead and out of the game.
twizzlerman
twizzlerman
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 10th December 2011, 4:22 pm

i really like the weapon hit rule as to the weapon is down and we definetly need some sort of medic rule set as standard the last couple games there has been some confusion with the respawn rules and it needs to b addressed about dead players moving out of the crossfire zone, i myself was lighting up dead ppl becuz live players where hiding behind there fallen comrads so that may need to b addressed cuz in the end i wouldnt change what i did and feel no remorse for it hahaha:twisted: .
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 10th December 2011, 8:37 pm

Gun hit is cool, but I do not agree with the part about "if you don't have a sidearm it counts as a body hit". That seems a bit unfair. If that person doesn't have a sidearm, they should have the choice to either call themselves out, or continue to play. You don't have to have a weapon to be effective in airsoft. Running distraction could be just as effective.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by braxt360 11th December 2011, 2:15 am

i agree with Animal Mother if the player dose not have a side arm and his/her gun is hit that is not fair to the player if he/she is called out for lack of a side arm i like the gun hit rule but not if you don't have a side arm then your primary is hit and then you are out because even then as Animal Mother stated you can still be affective be a decoy.barrow a weapon etc.etc.
braxt360
braxt360
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 11th December 2011, 10:52 am

What if the weapon has to b cleared and reloaded as u would in the event of an actual malfuntion? i dont know how well ppl would obey the rule or if it would b worthwhile or not simply a question of mine
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 11th December 2011, 11:11 am

semi only? after gun hit?silent
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by butterbean 11th December 2011, 2:58 pm

CDR wrote:semi only? after gun hit?silent

I do like the zip tie idea. Especially if it's done at the beginning when everyone is chronoing. That way they know for positive what their MED is, and are being told by an admin what they are.

Also I like CDR's idea that the gun can only be used in SEMI after the gun is hit. But add Nick's idea into it. After it is hit, you have to take the mag out, and clear it, re-insert mag and only use semi. But I say if that it is hit, medic has to tape say the butt stock or hand guard so everyone else knows.

As for the medic rules, I like the ropes idea. But has to have one person touching them to be able to move (drag rule). Unless they bleed out and have to go back to respawn.

And as Nick said, if live players are hiding behind dead don't get butt hurt if you get lit up again or a grenade tossed in the middle of you. If a player did this to me, if I am dead and they're alive and following me, I'd turn my own barrel on them. I maybe fat but I'm not a human shield haha.
butterbean
butterbean
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pax 11th December 2011, 4:47 pm

I think the gun hit idea is getting to complicated,
if its hit its out of action. not this, but only if blah blah
Spartan Pax
Spartan Pax
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th December 2011, 5:14 pm

I agree. Weapon hit, and it's out until you respawn. Simple. Whether you can do anything without a gun, depends on the mission. Maybe you can carry the device, or hold the prisoner, or or or...

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pax 13th December 2011, 1:18 am

nerf tomahawk and other foam weapons are cool right??
Spartan Pax
Spartan Pax
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th December 2011, 7:39 am

No. They are allowed during some pre-approved games, but generally speaking, melee weapons are not allowed. Some people carry them, but that's 'cause they are going for that tacti-cool look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pax 13th December 2011, 10:57 am

well i would like them to be added in, there fun and there foam.

reason being if weapon hits are going to disable your primary and distance rules are going to start being enforced then this will become practical. and since we dont use the bang rule this would put a fun spin on house to house fighting in the village and trenches.
Spartan Pax
Spartan Pax
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 13th December 2011, 5:43 pm

Not gonna happen man. I'm not going to allow anyone to come up and hit me with a foam anything. I know other people that feel the same way. Some of us are trained to react to physical contact in a "involuntary reactive" manner, so this needs to be avoided. Physical contact has been banned from airsoft for years and it has been better this way thus far.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by butterbean 13th December 2011, 5:51 pm

Actually most of the cqb fields down south an out west do allow the foam melee weapons
butterbean
butterbean
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pax 13th December 2011, 5:59 pm

im not talking about running around slamming people but whatever. i would much rather get hit with a peice of foam then get light up point blank with an aeg like i repeatedly did during that zombie game. and just have to ask you honestly cant control yourself over a tap on the back with a melee weapon, because a lot of places still allow that like Oklahoma Invasion for instance and many cqb fields.
Spartan Pax
Spartan Pax
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by MrJsDaBoss 15th December 2011, 6:16 pm

Melee weapons just seem like it would be easier then parlay or more fun than bang rules. Although i understand that this could cause fights because some people just dont like it when you touch them

MrJsDaBoss
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th December 2011, 9:47 pm

Then you should watch this :

3:55 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pax 15th December 2011, 10:38 pm

no body looks butt hurt. but i say nerf is a little better.
Spartan Pax
Spartan Pax
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 8:05 am

So, so far, it appears that everyone wants to see more medic ropes in play, and like the idea of incorporating weapon hits.

We had recently experimented with '0 MED' and 'No Bang' rules, and I think 0 MED only works for pistols, and the bang rule is superfluous at best.

Now, to melee weapons.
Several people broke guns in a melee fight. People get carried away. If you want a boffer/light weapons tourney, I am sure something can be arranged, but I don't think it is the best of ideas. There is a part of me that likes the idea of a 40k/Warmachine/Insert a Cyberpunk Favorite Here kind of thing, but I would reserve that for a specific game, not a general thing.

My Faith is my Shield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 23rd December 2011, 5:32 pm

I dont care to have ppl with melee weapons, im afraid if someone comes running at me like a crazy person with some kind of weapon like there gonna hit me with it im gonna defend myself especially if ive already shot them with my aeg and they dont stop. I was at an op with animal mother and a few of the other team had axes and swords and if they had come at me with those i wasnt just going to let them swing at me with no consequences. I just really dont see any good coming from melee weapons on the airsoft field.
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 5:34 pm

I agree, even the video used nerf guns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 23rd December 2011, 5:42 pm

I'd rather address the bigger issue that Chuy has brought to my attention: Why the hell am I playing airsoft when I can be doing what the people are doing in that video? Definitely more girls and drinking.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 23rd December 2011, 5:44 pm

Hahahahahahaha like button
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps