The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSA Event OP XX

+5
Animal Mother
allout
Shepard
FOXHOUND_SIN
Pops
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MSA Event OP XX - Page 2 Empty Re: MSA Event OP XX

Post by Animal Mother 20th May 2010, 5:23 pm

Hey Pops, sorry for the change-up, but could you please move Dino and I to the Taliban side? Thanks.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 20th May 2010, 5:25 pm

Yea man no problem.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

http://www.mississippiairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 22nd May 2010, 11:25 pm

How may I join the task force?

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd May 2010, 1:28 pm

you have to send talon a reply on the miss site also it is posted i quote " If you want to be on the Task Force PM explaining why I should pick you for the Task Force. Talon will be the team leader for Task Force 145. Its the only leader position CMG will have"

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 23rd May 2010, 4:57 pm

FOXHOUND_SIN wrote:How may I join the task force?

I am not happy about the fact that you have to join MSA just to apply for that p0sition...you can pm or email me and I will send it to Talon...and he can reply to you. So feel free to email or pm me with the info.

Sorry about the confusion.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 23rd May 2010, 6:43 pm

Aye, yeah I sent you a PM but you never really got back to me completely. However, i'll reply under the message.

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 24th May 2010, 7:51 pm

added a link for this on our web site under events Very Happy
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 24th May 2010, 8:25 pm

Hey, Pops, just my two cents: I think you might have lots of friendly fire issues with the current camo setup. It's what happened at the last TFAA game. I'd recommend tan vs green.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 27th May 2010, 12:34 am

Not to sound critical or anything, but those limits sound quite dangerous at those MEDs.
400/.25 = 446/.2 (AEG) 20ft
450/.25 = 501/.2 (SAW) 75ft
550/.25 = 612/.2 (Bolt Action) 100ft

...Um, 450fps/.2g at 20ft? That's SAW power at most fields, and will cause serious damage if someone is caught off guard.

I know it may be a little late for this OP, but I'd recommend revising your FPS limits to more 'player friendly' limits, maybe

360/.25
400/.25
490/.25

Those are the same as Wilcox's 400/450/550 with .2g rules, if measured with .25g BBs.

Hey, not my place to tell you what to do, just expressing my concerns about the rules and limits.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by AirForce 31st May 2010, 1:30 am

Just going to correct the miss quote on ruling there...

FPS Limits: All weapons for each player will be chronoed by event staff prior to the beginning of the event to insure they meet the regulations outlined below. Weapons that pass the chrono test will be marked with a colored zip-tie or other marker.
- Rifle MAX FPS with .25g BB 400 FPS [.20g BB 448 FPS] - - - - MED: 20FT
- LMG MAX FPS with .25g BB 450 FPS [.20g BB 500 FPS] - - - - MED: 40FT
- DMR/Sniper Rifles MAX FPS with .25g BB 500 FPS [.20g BB 550 FPS] - - - - MED: 100FT
^^ From Waiver up since day 1 and Players Packet which will be up soon^^

The only reason we bumped the FPS to 448 w/.20 was because newer airsoft guns (echo1, jg, a&k; the cheaper but reliable brands for new guys) from asgi came shooting 430fps some much higher and some a little lower but never below 400. So our governing body members met and took rules from around the country (such as op lion claw) and merged them to fit us. Our fields we play on in MS are nothing but brush, trees, open fields, sand, and wooded areas. Any structure thats on site is just a plywood set that day before or laid from previous event. Since we don't have permanent fields we don't get to build up structures therefor our fps got up'd since we don't have any close range battles going on.

When you get there on the field and start getting shot at you will notice it's from a distance of 85ft or more. Sometimes from a hill or two aways, some nubs lobbing them.

But if you still feel it's unsafe after playing it let me know afterwards and I will talk about it more with other Staff and Governing Body members since we are doing our normal updating and revision of rules. And too my knowledge thats the first simi-complaint on FPS rules...lol Majority have been Paintball mask? from the 13yr olds.

AirForce
Novice
Novice

http://www.crusadersairsoft.com & www.mississippiairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st May 2010, 7:45 am

a gun shotting under 250 fps and you get shot from 5 ft away, you will feel it. period. every field will have slight fps med's diff's. i have noticed thou most people from about 20 ft under usally bang people out, unless when they go to bang and the person they are banging points there gun at them at that point its a diff story. i dont see a problem with there med's or rules. i look forward to playing this sat Very Happy and airforce where is the wavier on the site i cant find it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 31st May 2010, 8:07 am

SteelWill,
The waiver is at the bottom of the announcement post...the one with the poster in it....it is at the very bottom of the page.

I will try to get a waiver link posted up here today...I will also make sure we have some waivers on hand at the game.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st May 2010, 9:51 am

ty pops found it and here is the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also if you guys dont mind i would like to post this in our wavier section. so that way you can say its on file

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 31st May 2010, 10:33 am

Man Steelwill...that would be sweet. Thanks.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by AirForce 31st May 2010, 4:41 pm

Players Packet for Operation XX has been posted on MSA. I have attached in this post a direct link to download the packet without having to log in.

The players packet contains the following: Rules of play, Intel for teams, how to, sponsors, directions, schedule, areal map of field, and waivers.

Be-sure to print out the last 3 pages of players packet for map and waivers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AirForce
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st May 2010, 5:18 pm

i like the packet you guys put together airforce. very nice job.

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 1st June 2010, 10:44 pm

ok guys , lets get things ready i will be driving a van so i can hold plenty of gear , only 2+me and mini me as far as players so who needs a lift , i hope to pull out around 5:30 am sat. morning can pickup on the way , would like to get there with time to spare
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AirForce 1st June 2010, 10:55 pm

Right and we will be on site that morning before hand getting the field set. When you pull down the dirt road to complete that last 0.2 miles you will come around a corner and we will be on the far right along the treeline in the hugh field. Don't go down near the 4 White Top Barns.

Lat: 31.8995
Lon: 89.8722
^^^ Will take you right too us.

AirForce
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 4th June 2010, 4:19 pm

I don't have an issue with the FPS, just with people being ALLOWED to shoot at 20ft with those kinds of guns. I completely understand about why you guys bumped up your FPS limits, but you should consider working with your MEDs to match. It's not my place, but may I suggest 40' for AEGs and 75' for SAWs? It's just an effort to keep people from getting hurt, or giving Airsoft a bad name. I don't mean to sound critical, and I'm thankful you've regarded me with an open mind. I'm just trying to help you guys keeping everyone safer whenever possible.

Oh, and I'll be bringing myself + 3-5, Saba Ragol's side.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by dino 4th June 2010, 4:25 pm

NOT GOING TO MAKE WORK Sad

dino
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 4th June 2010, 5:56 pm

dino wrote:NOT GOING TO MAKE WORK Sad

I'm not going to make work either...I'm going to the game !!!!!!! Good decision Dino... HA HA I know what you mean man...Hope to see you at OP Reform.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th June 2010, 9:00 am

for those that missed this op. its was fun. we all had a blast. we had a rl injury that we didnt get to finish the op, and at that same time we had a t-storm move in we played after the rain and had a blast. TY MSA for putting up the op. we look forward to seeing you guys on 25th and 26th

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 6th June 2010, 1:11 pm

How was it?
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 6th June 2010, 5:04 pm

Bazookatier wrote:How was it?

I will let others answer this, so far we have had only good things mentioned about the game.

There was 2 bad things about the game...
1) a real world medical emergency that put a stop to the game for a short while.

2) while on short break, the rain....oh the rain!!! rain prevented us from starting back up immediately, but once rain stopped and we regrouped we had lost over half the players...We held the raffle and then we returned to action except without the scenario...there was some good action but it wasn't the same.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 7th June 2010, 10:46 am

it was a good day of airsoft , the field works well , took our team about a hour to get out of our base they had us pinned down and we had to call the two teams back to help and then we moved out in force to meet up with the task force , that's when we had the real world jump into the game , hope all is well , then the rain , at least it cooled it down a bit , we did attack and defend after the raffle ,that part of field was really nice with two hills just far enough to get a shot at the other team and still move in with good cover , from the pics i see they were dug in to stay . over all a good of airsoft will be going back
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next