The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Not Buy From 215 Gear

3 posters

Go down

Do Not Buy From 215 Gear Empty Do Not Buy From 215 Gear

Post by Howie 8th January 2012, 10:01 pm

215 Gear Wrote about Airsoft Players So please do not buy from them.

In response to the multitude of comments made from our FB post, I will reiterate and clarify what the intent of the post was.

If you are an airsofter and tell people or companies you are from Underwater Demolition Team 21, knife fighting Platoon and want expedited shipping, T&E gear, or custom kit, this post was directed at you.

If you are a person using it as a legitimate training tool and do not misrepresent yourself to others, this was not directed at you.

Unfortunately the latter person is overshadowed by the actions and misrepresentations of the first. I will give you an example of this from within the last so many days. A customer makes an online purchase over a weekend, then calls on Monday to see when the item would ship. A customer service rep had told the person the item was in stock and should ship that day. No big deal. The customer then calls back and states “I’m with DEVGRU and need the item, we are about to go hot”, wanting the rep to ensure the product ships now. Two additional phone calls came the next day asking for a tracking number and shipping details again stating they are with DEVGRU in Florida. This is a recent example and very representative of what I was talking about.
215 Gear is a true family owned business, not a large corporation. It was started in the low of the economy, with liquidated retirement assets. We have built it brick by brick. Another point of contention directed toward the airsoft industry is in relation to the rampant counterfeiting and rip-offs of legitimate tactical gear. While counterfeiting and rip-offs are indeed throughout every industry it is particularly troubling in an industry where safety gear is being ripped off. This is something we have had happen and find disturbing. Our fear is an operator ends up with one of these poorly made rip-offs and takes it out on the battlefield. If you think having rip-offs out there does not hurt a small American manufacturer, you are dead wrong.

We make specific items for a specific target audience. If this seems exclusionatory too bad. There are, of course, secondary and tertiary markets that find needs for our gear and we know that. A case in point is our safety belt. It was designed for Special Operations, in and around a maritime environment. However, any military member and law enforcement can benefit from your hardware not rusting. A company that deals with offshore drilling on platforms needed a belt for their uses. Not the intended target audience, but completely acceptable. A <15 yr old airsofter wanting a belt in XS for gaming, is not who/what the item was made for. We make no apologies for not supporting airsoft as a whole. We do not sell to dealers who have even the word airsoft on their site or storefront. Again exclusionatory? Yes. Our product brand means more to me than the extra revenue from the above mentioned players. For the percent of people using it as a force on force training tool, you unfortunately get overshadowed by the rest of the guys that ruin the reputation for the rest. As our opinion- force on force training is best accomplished with Simunition ™, using real weapons and tactics for “stress inoculation”. I realize not every department in LE can afford this, so I can understand that aspect of airsoft. I suspect we have never had any problems from this type of person.

The bottom line: If you’re in the small percentage of professionals that use this as a training tool, not misrepresenting yourself or posing, you unfortunately got lumped in to the rest that do. It wouldn’t be the first time or the last. If you didn’t like my language or thought it unprofessional, don’t go to our page or buy from us. It should only offend you if you are a liar, poser or fraud.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Do Not Buy From 215 Gear Empty Re: Do Not Buy From 215 Gear

Post by Guest 9th January 2012, 8:08 am

In summary - someone lied to get preferential treatment, they made a stupid blanket statement denouncing all airsofters, and now everyone is mad and boycotting.

Yeah, never heard of them; I do now, and I don't think I will shop there, either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 9th January 2012, 8:29 am

So I am not sure what they lost as a business due to this call but a CSR's time on the phone. Sounds like personal issues with the sport/players as opposed to any real lost revenue. Oh well-nothing lost/nothing gained.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th January 2012, 10:12 pm

215 Gear wrote:There are those in the tactical industry that would respect many of the comments Raven Concealment Systems makes, never the less say the presentation may not be professional, however right they are. I am not one of these people.
As the owner and founder of 215 Gear and actual Special Operations member, I can attest to their statements. The amount of time wasted in even reading email or seconds wasted on the phone, listening to what might be a legitimate customer question or comment, to then “reveal” themselves a fake, airsofter, or just plain homo; makes a company want to not deal with customers direct.
Raven Concealment Systems hit the nail on the head, no person actually doing job “X, Y or Z” has to name drop in the conversation, the vendor should already know who they are. If you are asking for a “T&E sample” your unit is not special enough to use any such wording in its official name and you should feel like an asshole for asking.
I and those I have been fortunate enough to work around spend much of our careers lying to people about what you do for a living, let alone telling someone over the phone for a free hand out. The real Members emulate the words “quiet professional” and don’t look for acclaim or freebees.
At 215 Gear, we do not associate with airsoft or any similar homosexual game/act. We do not make our product in K-12 or extra fat. The only reason a manufacturer would is to cover the market of kids and fakes running around the woods, pretending to be something they are not. It is nice to know another USA manufacturer stands by their principals, rather than just make a quick sale.

Yeah, I don't know why you'd want to support those ideals.

Back to top Go down

Post by gun_GRIFFIN 13th January 2012, 3:49 pm

I don't normally post on here but I thought I'd chime in with this. Pantac posted something about this whole ordeal and I think it's funny that they are level headed about it while at the same time poking fun at 215 Gear.

Our friends at 215 Gear seems to have stirred up quite a storm and we
thought we’d like to make a statement too: veterans, officers,
airsofters, and anyone who use Pantac products – we love you all. We do
understand some companies want to tailor their products to a specific
market, and we wholeheartedly support our friend’s business decision.
But in Pantac USA, we do not discriminate and as long as you are using
our gear the way they are intended to, we will support you.

Case in point, I don’t think it is right to say that “military member
and law enforcement can benefit from your hardware not rusting” and then
effectively imply that airsoft users can deal with rusty belt buckles.
(See their facebook post here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

From our personal experience (remember, half of Pantac USA’s employees
are US military veterans), our soldiers obviously need our equipments to
withstand any environment you can possibly imagine. But at the same
time, airsoft users play in the rain, roll in mud, and got dragged over
all sorts of terrain too. Do they not deserve hardware that doesn’t
rust?? In fact, from years of dealing with professional vs. recreational
users, the airsoft/paintball players actually gave us very close
feedback compare to our military customers – proving they use our gear
nearly as hard as some in the military. Granted their comments are not
always 100% spot-on (compare to military needs), but we it is not
something that should be ignored.

Now, for the record, one thing we do agree with 215 Gear is that we do
not condone anyone posing to be someone that he/she is not. In fact, if
some 15 year old calls us claiming to be DEVGRU, we’d bitch-slap him
too. There is certain respect that we must pay to those who risk their
live every day so that ours can be kept safe. Pretending to be one of
them for your personal benefit is not acceptable, and on that regard we
will firmly stand behind 215 Gear. However, this does not mean every
civilian shooter or recreational users are evil liars. If you are not
making false statements, it matters not if you use our gear for military
exercise, professional training, or just some fun. It is not going to
make our armed forces any less effective, it is not going to deplete
their supply, it is not going to reduce our gear’s quality. So why do we
need to single-out one group of users? With that said, for our airsoft
users out there: if you want to make your hobby a respectable one, do
not be ashamed of it. If you play airsoft, say you play airsoft. And say
it loudly. We won’t treat you any differently from our customers who
hunt tangos in the Hindu Kush. Being honest is respectable, and if
someone handle you like a criminal just because you are telling the
truth, we’d be the first to tell them they are full of shit.

I hope this small rant did not offend anyone; we make our gear for many
professions and Pantac gear are used world-wide by military,
law-enforcement, and private professionals. We know our users, including
many of our fans here, literally depends on our gear for survival, but
as long as we are not neglecting our core user groups I see no wrong in
supporting civilian and recreational customers. If even by selling more
volume we can keep our price lower, reducing military spending alone is a
measurable achievement that recreational players have contributed to
the tactical gear community.

Please feel free to re-post this rant online; we are not trying to start
a war but we felt that as a professional tactical gear manufacturer
there are different approaches we can take. There are ways we can
benefits the professional and recreational users alike, and we'd like
other gear manufacturers to consider our plea: Do not discriminate. It
doesn't do us any good.
gun_GRIFFIN
gun_GRIFFIN
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th January 2012, 6:02 pm

I saw that too - and I thought it was hilarious.

Frankly, anyone is allowed to have whatever opinion they want. That includes my opinion that 215 Gear is represented by at least one moron, and I will 'vote with my wallet' by never shopping there.

IF anyone chooses to continue shopping there, kudos to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down