The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! My gun is broke

+2
Animal Mother
Cool_Breeze
6 posters

Go down

Help! My gun is broke Empty Help! My gun is broke

Post by Cool_Breeze 15th April 2010, 1:11 am

After taking apart my Echo 1 Platinum M4 to upgrade the spring, I came across some problems with the reassembly, and now I can't get it back in working condition. Does anybody know how to reassembly a gearbox for a Echo1 M4, or does anybody know of a good repair company that will repair it?
Cool_Breeze
Cool_Breeze
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Help! My gun is broke Empty Re: Help! My gun is broke

Post by Animal Mother 15th April 2010, 1:54 am

Im sure it's like any other regular Version 2 gearbox. Don't send it away, it will come back in worse shape. If you let us know the symptoms we can be of better assistance in helping you. Most of us have jacked up a many of gearboxes.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Help! My gun is broke Empty lots of symptoms

Post by Cool_Breeze 15th April 2010, 9:25 am

Well, to start off.. Nothing was wrong with the gun, except I was getting 360FPS when I chronoed it last time, and I should be getting ~400FPS. I read on an Echo1 forum that upgrading the spring to a Madbull M120 will bump up the FPS. So, I took the gun apart all the way down to the gearbox and tried to put in the new spring. After it was clear that it didn't seem like it wanted to fit, I put the old spring back in. Meanwhile, all of the gears popped out, and I had to put them back into place. The tiny spring for the trigger and reverse lever thing is was took me forever to put back together. Finally just when I thought I had it all together, the negative lead that goes to the motor pops off, so now it won't even make a solid connection to the motor for it to work. On top of that, the gearbox casing has a crack in it from when I tried to put in the m120 spring.

So tell me... Am I screwed? I found a place in WI that can fix it for $30. $70, if I want the 1 year warranty.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cool_Breeze
Cool_Breeze
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by dino 15th April 2010, 10:58 am

put what ya got in a bag and bring it to the game .

dino
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

Back to top Go down

Help! My gun is broke Empty Sorry

Post by Cool_Breeze 15th April 2010, 3:29 pm

I'm Sorry! I already packaged it up and sent it to that repair place. I'll definitely take you up on your offer the next time around. Hey, can I use one of those rental AEG's this Saturday?
Cool_Breeze
Cool_Breeze
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th April 2010, 5:32 pm

next time bring it out to the field. between all of us you be amazed at what we can get fixed for ya

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 15th April 2010, 5:35 pm

Bad move man. They're gonna charge you an arm and a leg and probably mess it up more than it was before. Don't be so hasty next time. We most likely could have got your gun fixed in less than an hour and had you shooting it the same day for the 17th.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 15th April 2010, 7:05 pm

yes i'll have one for you , and yes we could have fixed your gun i have spare parts even the gear box it self
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MackPerformance 19th April 2010, 9:09 pm

I'm interested in what you paid? I do gun repair/upgrade at my shop in Panama City and try not to over charge. My rate is a straight $25 + parts. Thats for a basic rebuild to full upgrade. I check all components, airseal check, and will adjust fps to any personal designation. But I also offer, to anyone interested in working on their own stuff, to bring it to the shop and I'll teach you anything you want to know. I have no problem showing all the tricks and tips I've learned over the past few years. You do the work and I'll help with any hang ups you have along the way (no charge). Plus you can use my personal tools and see what is used to make the job a breeze. I've got several chronos on site, so everything I do is tested and proven to be what I say it is. In the past few months I've gotten a few AEG's that were worked on by repair guys, who installed a 120 spring and give it back only to have the gun shooting below 120fps. Not cool!!!
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
Springer
Springer

http://www.panhandleairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 19th April 2010, 11:57 pm

so nice Very Happy
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps