The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ammo limits on upcomming events

+4
cheese
Longbow
allout
MackPerformance
8 posters

Go down

How should ammo limits be inforced

Ammo limits on upcomming events Vote_lcap19%Ammo limits on upcomming events Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
Ammo limits on upcomming events Vote_lcap43%Ammo limits on upcomming events Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 9 ]
Ammo limits on upcomming events Vote_lcap38%Ammo limits on upcomming events Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 21

Ammo limits on upcomming events Empty Ammo limits on upcomming events

Post by MackPerformance 4th May 2010, 11:45 am

With several upcoming events in the works, everyone is looking for a true MilSim event. The argument always comes down to ammo limits and magazine regulation. It is my personal view that by limiting the amount of available ammo individuals carry, it increases the players experience and fun level. This way one lone ranger cannot hold off the entire Indian village... But where the fun comes from is facilitating resupply missions and making a team work together to over take an objective. Shots have to count and the whole spray & pray is cut down to a minimum. This makes the MilSim event more a game of chess and less a game of craps! So what I am looking for is player insight and ideas for a few up coming events that are already in motion. Thanks for the help and I look forward to see imaginations run wild!!!

Controlled ammo - Players will prepay for ammo and it will be provided upon arrival and during the game. Players will receive ammo in the form of 5 bags of 1000rds. The first bag will be issued upon entering the event and ammo resupplies will be required in order to receive the next bag of 1000rds.

Limit magazine capacity - Based on magazine capacity, players will be limited on number of mags. (ie 300 round max = 1-300rd hicaps or 3-100rd mid caps or 10-30rd low caps)

Both - Players will pre-pay for 5000rds (weight of their choice) of ammo and will be issued their ammo during the game. This will include a limit on magazine capacity. Buy controlling ammo resupply missions can be factored in to the event, magazine limits will affect the strength of squads, and all this will force squads to fall back to re-arm or re-supply. Again making the event similar to a chess game where the team must work as a whole.
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
Springer
Springer

http://www.panhandleairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Ammo limits on upcomming events Empty Re: Ammo limits on upcomming events

Post by allout 4th May 2010, 7:47 pm

i like the idea of a limit on ammo , maybe a 3 to 1 compared to real steal , as in if a team in real life carries 240 rounds each on them only 8 mags , then in airsoft you would carry 720 rounds 8 90 round mid caps ( only because a lot of players need 3 shots to get their aim down with wind and that darn leaf you don't see untill your bb hits it ) , we could make it 1000 rounds and if you have a chance you can reload your mags with what you can carry on you until your resupply , i'm also a fan of mid and real cap mags depending on which weapon i'm using , i know some players only have high caps and thats fine but i think i you use a high cap you only get one , that is so you will have to reload at some time not just hold the trigger then change mags and hold the trigger , if you do that with mid / real caps you will run out of mags very fast cheers
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 29th June 2010, 7:36 pm

I did say both but i geuss that also depends on the game. I've seen 'nam games that for realisim sake give a specific ammount of ammo so each trooper can use what ever mag they want but still have the same as the guy using lowcaps.
I also like no highcap games i've never experienced both types at once. in larger games i've dumped a thousand plus rounds in some more epic firefights.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by cheese 30th June 2010, 1:20 am

I like the idea of only being able to carry a certain amount of ammo, but a lot of players (including me) have a preference of what brand and weight of bb's they use.
cheese
cheese
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Medic21 30th June 2010, 9:43 am

So far of the Ops that I have been to, have not set any limits on the amount of ammo or mags. The only rule has been mid or low caps only. I personally like this because for some of us we can't load in the field. At these ops I carried 11 mags with a 100rds/mag. Most of the time I never got into my drop leg (4 Mags), how ever if I need it, then I got it. I would hate to be at Wilcox, have 600rds, run out of ammo, be in the back 40, and have to walk my ass all the way back to the car. I like the no hi-cap rule because you get a chance to strike when the other person is reloading. The other thing is that people like to wear a full loadout and most vest will hold 6 mags, and then you got 1 in the gun. But truthfully, it doesn't matter to me either way. Some people can't afford to buy 10 mid caps, some can't load in the field, hell some can't shoot (CDR), just as long as it is fair across the board.
Medic21
Medic21
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 3rd July 2010, 3:03 pm

Now I have no filed time, and am really very new to Airsoft and the qustion at hand. But looking for mag's and such I have come across the mid and low caps. It seems that mid caps, matel that is, are the way to go. No wheel to worry about, less miss fires, even at the loss of rounds. Knowing that this problem is even being talked about, also helpes me to make my mind up even more.

I can understand from a Milsim point of view, how this could be a real problem. And switching to mid caps, or caping mags for folks with Hi caps seems to make perfect since to me. But along with that, I am not so sure about allowing only 8 mag's, or simply 1,000 rounds is the way to go. As I see it, now I am new bear that in mind, you should be able to use what you carry in. If your willing to carry 10 to 15 matel mid cap mags,weighting you down, you should be able to use them. This being said, I do not feel the same way about Hi caps.. I feel that if your going to have the added rounds, you should also have to suffer the weight.

But, in the end, I fear this is a problem that will be hard not to get boged down by. It may simply be easier to let folks rock what they brought. That is, unless a game may require as such.. Once agian, pretty new here.

Tank

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd July 2010, 6:03 pm

I thought the way you ran the last op was perfect minus the guys like Medic that cant load in the field. I think if you say no high caps at all then you will greatly diminish the number of players you will get at any given event. I know that 4 guys in our squad were using 2 high caps due to not having any mids. So that would have been 4 less guys in the overall head count.

Also I do not like the idea of having to use ammo supplied by the event or the field. This isnt paintball here. We are airsofters and tend to be super particular about what kind of ammo we will send through our barrels. I personally wont attend an event where the ammo is supplied and neither will my squad, we will just travel elsewhere to play. I know it doesnt really matter but we do wish to be involved in our local airsoft scene.

Cant wait for the next op I can attend. I wish I could make the fear op but I dont see it happening so ill just save my kitchen passes for local events!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 3rd July 2010, 9:59 pm

You do bring up a good point, it seems heads, and good nature towards other airsofter comunitys, is important. Only goes to show how muddy this topic can get. I know I will be rocking the mid caps to avoid such problems.

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 5th July 2010, 5:25 am

The guys with High Cap Magazines reminds me of those Low budget films where the guy never stops to reload his gun. Very Happy Laughing bounce
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 5th July 2010, 11:56 am

Yeah, like Arnold in Camando, or Steven Sagalle fireing a 1911 for almost 20 minnutes, no reloads. LOL "I'm out for blood, not out of rounds buddy."

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 4th August 2010, 11:06 pm

The problem for me is that I only have 3 high caps for my AK, at 600 round capacity. I don't have the money to go out to get the midcaps. AND THEN go out and get a vest or rig to hold a sufficient amount of mags in the field. That's well over 150 bucks that I don't have on hand.

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down