The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music on Forum?

+2
allout
Drewbie83
6 posters

Go down

Music on Forum? Empty Music on Forum?

Post by Drewbie83 25th May 2010, 6:58 pm

I was on the internet a while back and noticed a very interesting thing: I just so happen to like checkin out web pages with some music on. Maybe I'm just weird or something, maybe it's because I'm a musician myself, or whatever but I just do.

A couple of weeks back I sent a message to Howie about it, and he has so far, to my knowlege, ignored it (Dick). So I just thought I'd put it up her and se what you guys said about it.
Drewbie83
Drewbie83
Novice
Novice

http://koopakilla@live.com

Back to top Go down

Music on Forum? Empty Re: Music on Forum?

Post by Guest 25th May 2010, 9:00 pm

well ill jsut put it like this. you will see changes coming soon to the site b4 the fall op we are planning Very Happy ill just leave it at that

Back to top Go down

Post by Drewbie83 25th May 2010, 9:07 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! cheers sunny lol!
Drewbie83
Drewbie83
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 25th May 2010, 9:25 pm

and buy the way howie is out of the states doing his job
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drewbie83 25th May 2010, 9:28 pm

Oh.... oops. Sorry Howie. Sad
Forgive Plox.
Drewbie83
Drewbie83
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by jpresley17 26th May 2010, 2:14 am

Drewbie83 wrote:ignored it (Dick).

Don't step on any toes just yet Newbie83, actually that was more like a stomp

jpresley17
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 26th May 2010, 6:27 am

Okay guys,
Thank you for having by back on this subject, Really no jokes, I do thank you all alot. As my job consumes alot of my time running the Engine Room on the ship and Outside Contractors.
Drewbie83,
Hey man, I did miss your email, I am sorry you may think your on Airsoft retreat or some other forum bashing forum, this we are not! Don't worry about calling me (dick) With much joking around ( wait until I put the rounds from my SAW between your eyes then it will be all good.) Now thats a good laugh Very Happy
Okay now getting back on the Subject , I look through the Admin stuff to see where we may add music for the this forum and they do not give us a option for music on the forum. I am not by all means shooting your Idea down, I did search it . I am very sorry it took me so long to answer back to your question.
Thanks
Howie

P.S., I will be loosing my internet access tomorrow morning , because we're going out to Achorage and from there out too SEA for an sercet squirrel mission.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th May 2010, 7:14 am

let me also add if you have ne questions or any thang you would like to have on the site or maybe new site(coming soon)Wink send me a pm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drewbie83 26th May 2010, 4:24 pm

lol ANOTHER new site? christ! lol Laughing
Drewbie83
Drewbie83
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th May 2010, 8:03 pm

not another site, a better look and feel/flow of everythang.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax 27th May 2010, 8:54 pm

There are two problems with music on sites.

1. Bandwidth goes up dramatically when you are constantly streaming music. When you are paying for bandwidth it means the cost of site hosting goes up, and it can go up a ton.

2. A "free" forum such as where this site is currently hosted will not allow you to do it. If you are hosting on your own server and build the site and forum yourself then you can build it into the site. I have done it many times but in the long run find it is more of a pain then it is worth.

I would like to make a suggestion for future updates, invest in a good hosting plan. I used GoDaddy for several of my sites over the years and they offer a $14 a month unlimited plan. You can not find a better plan then that one and with it you have total control of every aspect of the site. Most free forum sites will charge you $7 a month extra to remove ads so the jump to $14 for the unlimited plan with GoDaddy is worth it. You can recoup the monthly fees through donations and selling ad space to retailers of airsoft gear.

I currently run a "real steel" gun forum and the generosity of my members has been amazing. All my costs have been covered to date.

Jax
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th May 2010, 6:55 am

let me say this i used to have a website bussiness, and i still have all my contacts and dont wry about the plan it will have high banwitdh for what im planning and working on

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 5th June 2010, 9:13 pm

If you are willing to host your own, there are several pre-built forums that you can use and then just modify from there. It's not hard, you just have to be willing to invest some time into it to personalize it and get the kinks out.

Also, think that you can embed music in BBCode using playlist.com's playlist feature. Just make sure that the app is easily able to be found so that people can mute it if they want to. The only downside would that it would reset the song every time you changed pages. The best thing I would recommend would be a general song for the home/portal pages that would auto-load for everyone. Then, leave the rest up to the user by posting a URL from another website that hosts music(Pandora, LastFM, Playlist, ect.) and use their service/servers to host your music. That way you can host music for free, limited to no down-time, and the people that want it can listen to it can and other people will just not click it.
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down