The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best inner barrel?

4 posters

Go down

best inner barrel? Empty best inner barrel?

Post by Guest 6th June 2010, 12:52 pm

what brand do all of you guys think is the best inner barrel?

Back to top Go down

best inner barrel? Empty Re: best inner barrel?

Post by Lunchbox 6th June 2010, 4:38 pm

Go with a Prometheus 6.03

Stainless steel, so it's plenty durable (dust and jams can damage brass barrels). Decent tightness but it's still wide enough that you don't have to tune the hell out of your gun to see it shoot nicely, and it's relatively inexpensive. ~$60 give or take depending on length.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th June 2010, 12:25 pm

Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 7th June 2010, 10:08 pm

What guns does that barrel fit?
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 7th June 2010, 10:53 pm

All guns, buddy. Prometheus builds barrels for almost every gun. If you need a barrel custom tailored, just just a pipe cutter, and carefully cut it yourself (dont apply too much pressure or it will become warped) then de-burr. I have done it many times with great success.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 8th June 2010, 1:57 pm

I would be afraid to do it with my sniper just because of the amount of precision involved. With a BB that small, even a tiny bump would ruin the accuracy of the gun. How hard is it to re-attach the old barrel to a gun?
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th June 2010, 3:05 pm

What? Is your sniper an AEG or a actual bolt action? If its an AEG and you use actual good quality airsoft bb's, like G&G, then it wont Jam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 8th June 2010, 9:44 pm

It's a bolt.
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th June 2010, 9:51 pm

Go with PDI then. They are the most expensive, but they are the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 8th June 2010, 9:56 pm

Can you find one <$100 and will fit a UTG Type 96? I really don't know how to install, so I could pay a little if anyone is willing to do it for me. I just don't want to mess up a great gun.
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th June 2010, 10:04 pm

Bolt actions can be easy to work on, but as for the less than $100 thing for a PDI, you might need to save up another $100, lol.

Here is something that might fit your budget. Im the greatest bolt action guy in the world, but something like this seems common sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 8th June 2010, 10:19 pm

Can I buy a gun from you for $200-ish and just call it a day?
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th June 2010, 12:06 am

Id wish I had a Bolt action sniper to give ya, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 9th June 2010, 1:16 am

I've got a little bit of hands-on experience with bolties, so let me tell you this.

1-The only aftermarket barrel options for your UTG L96 are getting an EdGI, DBC (they're PCT now, I believe), or other custom inner barrel.

2-If you decide to go with the L96 but not one of those choices, then you'll have to check out the PDI hopup chamber or the HP hopup chamber. Both will convert the system to accept an AEG barrel, 495-500mm is the target length here.

3- If you are honestly interested in using a bolt action to the fullest of its abilities, a PDI 6.01 will be the way to go. The difference may not be obvious in an AEG, but you can definitely tell with a proper BASR.

4-If you aren't hung up on looks alone, check out the JG BAR-10/WELL MB02/TM VSR-10 lineup. They have TONS of aftermarket support, and can be made to shoot ridiculously well with just a little bit of research and some basic tools.

If you're going to be at the sunday Wilcox game (or the OP, for that matter), hit me up. I drive the maroon nissan sentra, name's Joe. I'll do my best to help you out, however you want to go about it.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 9th June 2010, 9:32 am

9Battousai wrote:I've got a little bit of hands-on experience with bolties, so let me tell you this.

1-The only aftermarket barrel options for your UTG L96 are getting an EdGI, DBC (they're PCT now, I believe), or other custom inner barrel.

2-If you decide to go with the L96 but not one of those choices, then you'll have to check out the PDI hopup chamber or the HP hopup chamber. Both will convert the system to accept an AEG barrel, 495-500mm is the target length here.

3- If you are honestly interested in using a bolt action to the fullest of its abilities, a PDI 6.01 will be the way to go. The difference may not be obvious in an AEG, but you can definitely tell with a proper BASR.

4-If you aren't hung up on looks alone, check out the JG BAR-10/WELL MB02/TM VSR-10 lineup. They have TONS of aftermarket support, and can be made to shoot ridiculously well with just a little bit of research and some basic tools.

If you're going to be at the sunday Wilcox game (or the OP, for that matter), hit me up. I drive the maroon nissan sentra, name's Joe. I'll do my best to help you out, however you want to go about it.

Thanks for the insight Joe cheers
A few questions, each tying in to the numbers you listed:
2) Can you elaborate a little more. Especially the abbreviations? Also, is there any real difference between 495 and 500 in terms of accuracy?
3)BASR?

Am I looking for something like this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll be at the Sunday game if you want to talk before it all gets started. I'm Josh in the red Monte Carlo.
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 9th June 2010, 7:35 pm

the utg l 96 come's with a TB , at least they use to , the one i had shot great after i fixed the barrel spacers
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 10th June 2010, 7:21 am

I was wondering how much tighter they could get. According to another forum, it's 6.03. As for the barrel spacers, what was wrong and how long did it take you to fix them?
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 10th June 2010, 5:16 pm

not long , they are just foam spacers that need to be fixed in place evenly on the inner barrel
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 11th June 2010, 9:55 am

Would you mind helping me out with it on game day this Sunday?
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 11th June 2010, 6:07 pm

will do
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down