The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G&G GR15, Black or Tan?

+3
Animal Mother
allout
Tank
7 posters

Go down

G&G GR15, Black or Tan? Empty G&G GR15, Black or Tan?

Post by Tank 3rd July 2010, 2:06 pm

OK, still a piece off from laying my money down, or haveing it saved for that matter. But I have been looking into a G&G GR15, as a pretty cheap and tough gun to get me started. Only qustion I have right now, aside from what you've heard or seen from the gun, is black or tan...

As airsoft is now my new geek out project, I have spent quite sometime debating this. I think I have made my mind up to go with a Cyotoe tan load out. But not sure if it will blend in well with the suroundings. That being said, will a black gun scream shoot me, stand out so that the tangos will bead on me no problem? Or will Sand Tan blend so well that the good ol'Tank will be a sand colored..well..TANK, stomping through the woods? And what of the spray paint op? I went to check out the post about Army S.O.P on the subject. But not willing to down load anything on my crappy computer.

Hints, thoughts, and "Gee but your an FNG", comments place here=====>

P.S. I was happy to hear about the last event going so well. I hope to shake a few hands and such at the next Mobill event. If I can find the time that is.

Tank

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

G&G GR15, Black or Tan? Empty Re: G&G GR15, Black or Tan?

Post by allout 3rd July 2010, 7:37 pm

both look and work well just i like blk, classic but i do have some that are tan , i know this doesn't help but i like to type Laughing
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 3rd July 2010, 9:24 pm

Well it stands to reason that an Admin, would be someone who knows a good deal about Airsoft. And such person would know what works for him in the filed. I did say any and all comments welcome.. Or lead to believe as much. Really must learn to not be so litareal. LOL I will take in to acount that Allout digs the Balck Betty look. Any one else care to share with the class?

Tank

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 3rd July 2010, 9:30 pm

Buy it black and paint it for a legit look. If you decide you want black again, then you can just strip the paint.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 3rd July 2010, 9:50 pm

That sounds like a pretty good idea, only do you know of any camo patters or such to paint it? Maybe like a stincel or something? Common since tells me to tap, stuff, and cover any working parts. But what kind of paint should I use, any tips on color and such? As I've said before, I know the info is on the board.. I just don't wish to down load anything on this baby lap top of mine.

Thanks for the head up Mother. I'll be the Indians, you can be a stampeding Bufflo.
<forgive miss spellings>
Tank

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepard 3rd July 2010, 10:37 pm

I honestly can't say I have ever spotted someone on the field because of the gun color. There's plenty of people on the field with both colors too. I think it just comes down to your preference/matching your load out.

Shepard
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

G&G GR15, Black or Tan? Empty I got shot 3 times LOL

Post by 4-27FA 4th July 2010, 9:43 am

I have a G&G GR15 that I used for Op Reform (coyote Tan) but I got aced 3 times because I am fat and slow...no one stated that my rifle blew my cover....and as an aside...I suggest getting the midcap mags...as well...my system seems to have trouble feeding the 1 cent hi-caps I got from Evike.
Also remember that the body is Poly (not metal) so unless someone knows how to strip plastic without weakening it....
4-27FA
4-27FA
Novice
Novice

https://www.facebook.com/jason.viator

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 4th July 2010, 9:55 am

All you have to do is go to walmart and pick up the three ultra flat colors they produce int he krylon camo series. Just pick a scheme that you want. It's all about personal preference. You just want to destroy the outlines of your weapon. Don't stencil unless you are doing the "snakeskin" technique. If you don't know what that is, you might want to google it. You don't really need to tape anything on an AEG, just dont spray into the mag well or barrel. If the dust cover closes then just keep it closed when you spray the gun. I wouldn't put any protective coating on the finish product either, because once you're gun starts wearing, it looks hot as shit.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 4th July 2010, 12:33 pm

Definetly go black then u could paint it however u want i think like a neon yellow would b awesome haha but the gr16 i got dont like ne mags but G&Gs so i would recommend gettin an extra hicap or some midcaps
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 4th July 2010, 10:06 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, wow, kind of glad so many folks were willing to take the time. LOL I tend to be a bit neggative when it comes to...you know..humens. -Smiles-

No worries 4-27, the name is not just cleaver, I'm a big boy too. Fat men of the world, unite! I will most likely be keeping ya company in the dead zone as well. And thanks for the heads up on the GR 15 brother. Check out the Ammoe thread, and speak your peace on the matter if you'd like.

I hate when things I know should work, don't! It drives me crazy, and I'm likely to stomp off like a pissy 13 year old girl. I-Carly ant got nothing on me when my hairs up. Tend to use the Cu@t word alot, thanks to my Irish friends. LOL So Low to Mid caps I think would be the way to go for me. Pluse, how you going to be all Splinter Cell with BB's ratteling around in your mag?

I think I will go with black, and in the end, save the spray paint money. Get out there and see if I really need it or not.. Or wait till I get really board and want to make my gun plane awsome! It is good to know that Wal-Mart has Ultra Flat Krylon Camo, and I bet the wear does look sweet. My buddy, who I just got a free Universal Smart Charger from, was talking to me about painting my once and future gun. He told me I can't go wrong with Neon Orange. After all, "You don't want to get shot by accedent!". Our friendship is now in qustion. LOL But thanks for the yellow heads up Nick. And by the way I will be googeling the snake print as soon as I'm done here.

Once again, thanks for the help and info guys. I can't wait to get my gun, and Demo Dick it as best my large ass can. -Smiles-

Thanks again
Tank

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazookatier 7th July 2010, 3:31 pm

I put up a guide to painting your replica on the tech talk section of the site if you wanna check it out. Nothing too specific, but a good overview.
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down