The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BB ABC'S

5 posters

Go down

BB ABC'S Empty BB ABC'S

Post by Tank 6th July 2010, 2:40 pm

So, ammo is very important, as I've been told and lead to believe, in airsoft. What do you use, what gun do you run them through? Do you use the .20g or like the large .25g?

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

BB ABC'S Empty Re: BB ABC'S

Post by Nick 6th July 2010, 5:01 pm

I run .23 gram goldenballs through my G&G gr16 and i am still trying to figure out what is best for my WE SCAR im thinkin .28 will prolly b best but the bbs r 6mm the difference is the weight of the bbs which will have a direct impact on the flight path of the bb if u r running the gr15 .23s would prolly b best for that gun right out of the box
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 6th July 2010, 6:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the GR 15 Nick, i'll give .23's a try when I first get it. I need to find BB's that will do me for a bit though. Seeing as I will be throwing down a bit to get kitted out to begin with. After a while I do plan on getting a tight bore, and a few other tricks up my sleve maybe. Twisted Evil In whitch case, I will need to judge the BB's I'm using again.

Do you have a name brand ya like, and anyone else, please chime in. The more post, the better a new player will be informed. And I think we can all agree that, new folks are the goal. -smile-

Tank

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Vengeance 6th July 2010, 8:11 pm

The GR15 comes stock with a 6.04 tightbore, so you'd be wasting your time to get another one. I've been using the .23 and .25 matrix bbs since I started. They're a good consistent brand, especially for the price. But G&G makes some really good bbs as well as guns. Might be something to look into. Either ones, from my experience, work just fine.
Vengeance
Vengeance
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 7th July 2010, 9:51 am

.20 in my gbb 1911 , .25 in my icsm4 , .28 in my sons gngm4 , .30 in my gbbr , goldenball or elite , i try out dif. brands but these i like best
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 7th July 2010, 9:52 am

Vengeance is right bout the inner barrel the stock one is fine unless u want to go to like a 6.01 stainless but the improvement is not that much just a lil tighter groupings but the matrix bbs r good and u can get alot of em for like ten bucks ive also used the AIM bbs which were decent the G&Gs r good jus a lil more cost wise but there good
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th July 2010, 11:46 am

Meh, the tightbore on the G&G rifles are good if you deciding about getting a madbull or something. But the barrel is inconsistent 6.04 throughout. So if you do decide to upgrade barrels, go with prometheus or something expensive that has a constant diameter throughout. As for brand of bb's, My absolute favorite are G&G's. There cheap and the best quality ive seen for the price. I also ran .25's through my G&G Gr16, and it shot wonderfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 7th July 2010, 1:54 pm

Wow, getting a lot of good info here, you guys are great! I want to keep the weight, brand, and gun thing going. But I also have another qustion about buying.

I think I will be doing most of my ordering online, know of no good Airsoft stores in Pensacola. I would like to keep my cash local if I could, but feel I will get a better selection online. If you know of any good local stores, or a great web sight to order from, that would be great. <Have heard good things about Airsoft Atlanta.com.. And ATL is my old home town. If I can't keep it here, it should go somewhere I know of. pirat >

Thanks so much for the advice guys. Have made my mind up on a G&G GR 15 <short or XL> For the price, I think it is going to be a great gun.

Tank

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-27FA 7th July 2010, 2:17 pm

Tank wrote:Wow, getting a lot of good info here, you guys are great! I want to keep the weight, brand, and gun thing going. But I also have another qustion about buying.

I think I will be doing most of my ordering online, know of no good Airsoft stores in Pensacola. I would like to keep my cash local if I could, but feel I will get a better selection online. If you know of any good local stores, or a great web sight to order from, that would be great. <Have heard good things about Airsoft Atlanta.com.. And ATL is my old home town. If I can't keep it here, it should go somewhere I know of. pirat >

Thanks so much for the advice guys. Have made my mind up on a G&G GR 15 <short or XL> For the price, I think it is going to be a great gun.

Tank

I used Matrix .23's in my Gr15 for Op Reform and the Mr. Onyx of the Blacknights had me punchin pie plates at 100. I suggest them highly in my limited experience.

Smile
4-27FA
4-27FA
Novice
Novice

https://www.facebook.com/jason.viator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th July 2010, 9:38 pm

Id say evike is a good store, but I hate evike with there terrible customer service. AirsoftGi is the best choice. Airsoft atlanta is good to get stuff next day, but if you dont mind waiting a week, on airsoftgi you usaully get better prices, free shipping, and the coupon code "TIM" will it you 10% off on top of that. Also, you havent ordered your gun yet? Are you getting the metal body version, or the plastica version?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 8th July 2010, 2:20 pm

<This post have been deleted twice, erased once, and posted somewhere out there on the internet that is not this thread! I have wanted to break this sorry little computer I must work on, almost 10 times already. But, here I am, once again, trying to type this out.. Never thought I would miss the good old phone call days. LOL>

I am glad you asked, I have been planning on getting a G&G GR15 Raider. But I did find a metal body ECHO1 SCAR for roughly the same price. <somewhere around $230 bucks> I feel I would be more comfortable with the M-4/M16 platform then the SCAR. It’s not that the SCAR platform doesn’t look cool, as a matter for fact it does.

I have heard that the SCAR has problems with the wiring, due to the folding stock. I’ve also read they fire at about 380 to 410 fps, and as I’m a cheap bastard, I am looking for an all around gun. One I can CQB and filed fire as well. And after all the M-4 M16 platform was good enough to Rambo, John Wayne, both Shins, and Dad, should be good enough for me! LOL

I took your advice and checked out Airsoft GI, and Holly SH#$! The prices are much better, and a much bigger selection as well. The G&G GR15 was about the same price, which was no surprise to me. But looking around I saw a link for GI Custom air soft guns. I read Custom, right off the back I think MONEY MONEY YALL! But I clicked on it any ways, never hurts to dream. Seems Airsoft GI has made a deal with G&G for some G4 platforms, and gone nuts supping them up. Let me give you an example.

The GR15’s I was torn between were the shorty CQB and the mid range L. Some of you don’t have to worry about the fat guy with a little gun problem. But the old Tankster has a bit of a weight issue. LOL Should I go with longer, and suffer the lack of mobility in close quarters, or do I go short and lack the barrel I need on the filed. On top of that I had a big problem with the sights on the stock GR15 Raider. The rear sights come off quick, but the HUGE front sights don’t. Due to being build so tightly with the barrel and rails, you would have to take it apart or hack at it, to take it off. Seems stupid that the rear would come off so easy, and the front still stuck on. <Before you think I’m making a FNG mistake, I’ve got my eye on a really neat green/red dot sight. I may be new, but I still know you need sights to shot someone. Did I just say neat?>

Well I guess I’m not the only one who was thinking the same thing. Check out the Airsoft GI G-4 MOD0 With Red Dot Sight! First thing I noticed was they got rid of the HUGE front sight, and replace the rear sight with a Red Dot reflex. Not the sight I want, but much better then the iron working with that big ass, hard to remove front sight. Next they added a one piece convertible barrel. No longer much I choice between filed and CQB! And I can look like a normal guy with a normal gun, that can change into a fat guy with a little gun. RIS rail, free floating, along with a crane stock, which can make me a fat guy with a short or long gun. LOL In the end I would have come out of pocket anywhere from 150 to 300 bucks for all the added stuff.

The Airsoft GI Custom G-4 series seems like a good bet for someone starting off, and looking for a few customs added. And the price ant bad either folks. In the end I am saving right around $100 add on bucks! For that simple fact, GI Customs G-4 looks like the way to go.

If anyone has any info on GI Custom guns, let me know now, it will make the heart break easier. -smiles- But lets keep the thread going strong. I still want to know what weight, brand, and gun you run. You guys have been so helpful, and thank you all very much. Keep’em coming.

TANK

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th July 2010, 6:02 pm

Do you play at wilcox feild often? I say this because the type of gun you want, all depends on the location you play. Wilcox has some range that is too be had, but in some spot, you wished you would of had a shorter barrel. Now the G4 you picked out, with the red dot and all, looks decent. NcStar Red Dot, crane stock, RIS unit. Only thing I dont like about it is the lack of iron sights. Iron sights is always something you want to have. For those moments when you show up at the feild, "Crap, I left my red dot on from last time!", or the battery starts to go dead, the red dot breaks, or its just too bright outside to use the thing.

Id say this would be an excellent rifle for the money.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not as fancy, but everything there gets the job done. Also, have you thought of just building your rifle externally? Put your own rail, sights, grips and such?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 8th July 2010, 11:57 pm

I've thought about it, building on that is. But after the money and time I spend, it would all kind of even out. I have thought about building one from scratich. Starting off with a Mad Bull metal gear box, and truly getting a feel for how these things work, and enjoying a gun I made myself..Save my money up, buy the best parts, really make a gun that will spank! But that seems more like a fun side project. I want to get into the game, gun stuff, which does intrest me, kind of takes a back burner on that one.

I can see your point about the iron sights, and I think it is worth paying 30 or 40 bucks more to make sure I have them as a back up. Good looking out Behave, I owe you one for that. I will most likely be playing at Wilcox only. I am a poor white boy, as it stands, and not looking at getting any kind of raies any time soon. LOL The G4 A5 seems a good split of what I want, only, can you pleas tell me what the hell a Gas Block is for!? I been all over the place and nothing! I seen one, but ant nothing on what the damn thing is for. LOL

Externale Dressings I got in mind.
UTG Golden 1x30 red/green Dot Sight 38mm
UTG Delux Ergonomic Tac Grip
Condor 1 point COBRA Bungee Sling
Hitech Smart Charger/Discharger
9.6v Intellect Battery 1600
And I would also like a green laser on the side, that is if I didn't have to give my first borne for it.

I am jazzed that I got my first gun today! It's a We Full 1911. It is not brand new, but I know the owner and it never got use, bearly out of the box yo! He threw in a UTG drop leg, and two mag's. Going to get a propane adaptor and I'm in bizz kidz. LOL

TANK

Tank
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th July 2010, 3:15 am

The gas block is used for when your gun is run off by a delta ring. Standard hand-guards and some RIS units. Its controls the gas tube which runs through the delta ring, which keeps the whole thing sturdy. However, on a free float system such as the one the G4 has, the gas block is pretty useless. But, it does give the rifle a nicer, cleaner look. Realistically, on a real AR, you have to have a gas block.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum