The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help- Hi Cap mags and Best Manufacturer of AEG

+4
cheese
savoy6
Animal Mother
Fast
8 posters

Go down

Need Help- Hi Cap mags and Best Manufacturer of AEG Empty Need Help- Hi Cap mags and Best Manufacturer of AEG

Post by Fast 13th July 2010, 1:14 pm

Please dont shoot the new guy and I am sure there has already been a thread on here with FNG questions but here goes. HI cap mags---good or bad? I understand that they jam more? What are the reputable manufacturers of AEG and which are the ones to stay away from. Does price make a difference (you pay for what you get kinda thing). Thanks in advance
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Need Help- Hi Cap mags and Best Manufacturer of AEG Empty Re: Need Help- Hi Cap mags and Best Manufacturer of AEG

Post by Guest 13th July 2010, 5:27 pm

i personally run with midcaps. main reason is noise of the bb's moving around is why i dont use high caps.

Back to top Go down

Need Help- Hi Cap mags and Best Manufacturer of AEG Empty Re: Need Help- Hi Cap mags and Best Manufacturer of AEG

Post by Animal Mother 13th July 2010, 5:35 pm

Don't do Hi-caps. They rattle and they are unrealistic. Try to do Standards or Midcaps that dont go over 110 rounds (to ensure flawless feeding). Most good companies now-a-days sell these mags in "box sets" so you can almost get as many mags as you want in a box. Depending on the weapon, I can steer you in the right direction because I've owned almost all weapon types and almost all brands of standard/midcap magazines. Just let me know.

As far as AEG's go, its a difficult world out there compared to the old days when I first started. Back then, the only quality guns were Tokyo Marui's and the only full metal guns were ICS and Classic Army. With the surge of Chinese clones, I hate to say, you can get a decently performing AEG for relatively cheap. Here are some of my observations (and I encourage others to agree or contest my opinions):

High-end quality weapons:
Tokyo Marui (rarely full metal though)
Vega Force Company
G&G (this includes Airsoft GI guns)
G&P
Classic Army
ICS
Star/Ares

Impressive Chinese Clone companies:
D-Boy
Jing Jong
CYMA
AGM

Again, if anyone has any experience with any of these companies and would like to input or has other opinions to add on other companies, please post.

Hope this helps.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by savoy6 14th July 2010, 12:08 am

for someone starting out ,one of the agm or jin jong clones would be fine....i would also recomend the mids since alot of events now-a-days aren't allowing the hi-caps...good "middle ground" solution...i don't use them since i havent found mids for the thompson in stock when ever i have some loot...lol..and i don't run anyway so my hi-caps aren't that noisy..low caps are ok once you get more experienced at playing and if you feel the need to run around yelling "LOADING" or something constantly....... :shock:
the clones are middle of the road in quality....they'll last you long enough for you to get into the swing of playing and then you can really start figuring out stuff like load outs and such instead of just getting out and playing..which is what you need to do to begin with.
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th July 2010, 7:04 am

I Love my G&G Gr15 its a great gun priced around $260 when I bought it. I also really love my JG (jin Jong) M4 which costs around $140 new I bought it used for $100. Both those guns are a ton of fun to play with and I never worry about hirting them since they arent terribly expensive. Now on the flip side I have another gun that you could call a custom build that has around $700 tied up in it. I purchased it second hand for $400. This is my favorite gun an is the most accurate and had the best range but I make sure to be super careful out there on the field with it since its so expensive. I run both Mids and high caps depending on the game we are playing.

My suggestion is to get a basic JGM4 its a perfect platform to start with and the newer model looks awesome with the rail system that comes with it and it costs around $150. Also tons of players have m4's so spare parts and mags are everywhere. Once you get established into the sport of airsoft then you will want other guns and know more about the guns you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by cheese 14th July 2010, 12:43 pm

If you're looking for mid-caps, I have four brand new G&P 120rd mags. I've never used them, but I did paint them. It wouldn't be hard to take the paint off though. (A little mineral spirits would do the trick.)
cheese
cheese
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 14th July 2010, 1:29 pm

Cheese I may be interested---I have been looking at the G&G's but also saw some JG's and Cyma's that I liked. What will those mags fit? One more question---I have accesories on my real M4,(pictanny foregrip stock with handle grip and a red dot) will they fit on these replicas?
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 14th July 2010, 9:41 pm

I also have a G&P midcap for sale but it dont feed well in my G&G gr16 so if ur gettin a G&G i would recommend goin with G&G mags they seem to only like there own mags but i also have 2 JG hi-cap mags that r for sale if u go with a chinese or other AEG so jus let me no if the AEG has 20mm rails then the accessories will work if they fit a 20mm rail like most do
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by cheese 14th July 2010, 10:09 pm

Sorry, they are M4 mags.
cheese
cheese
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 15th July 2010, 4:04 pm

I would buy the Ares/Star M4 so you may change out the Spring for various Feet per Second, I do believe Medic and CDR can contest to this Very Happy Surprised
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th July 2010, 5:52 pm

Ya, ARES is really stepping up there game. They use to make pretty crappy stuff in the past, like their M249's. But, there internal quality is quite amazing now, along with external quality. They have so many features as well, like the spring change system. I wish other AEG manufactures can learn from them.

Im really wanting to get one of their new G36's, all the same features as the M4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 16th July 2010, 6:38 pm

I have been racking my brain for several days now on what to get.I think i have made a decision in the Jing Gong M4 S-system from Atlanta Airsoft. It comes with a battery and a mag (Hi Cap). I would have loved to get a ARES m4 but my entry level budget doesn't allow it. If I am going to make a huge mistake please someone stop me.Thanks for all the imput and advice.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Vengeance 16th July 2010, 9:59 pm

Far as I know, the JG s system is pretty good and should last a while. You might be better off get something like a g&g or classic army sportline though. The s system's rail is plastic, and not as high quality as an aftermarket one.

But maybe something like this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Vengeance
Vengeance
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 17th July 2010, 4:39 pm

don't just go for high fps
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 17th July 2010, 10:53 pm

When considering the jg s-system I wasn't really looking for FPS but accuracy and cost efficency. Airsoft GI has the s-system advertised at 380-400 fps. During my research I have found that what the FPS is advertised at is usually about 5-10 fps less when tested. I am assuming that ammo used in the testing is .20g. I plan on shooting .25g as what I have read on here that the heavier the ammo the more accurate the ammo. I am also assuming that since I will be shooting a heavier round than the FPS is going to go down. By my calculations and this may be wrong-I may end up with a 370 FPS rifle that is fairly accurate for field battles.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 18th July 2010, 5:43 am

Only reason I suggest an ARES/STAR, M-4 The Price is great 350 bucks, With option of hot swapping springs, not to mention the the switch like whats inside the M-249. Granted I was only able to back yard test it, swap out springs for different FEET PER SECOND For all the extra, foward grip, flip up rear sight with orange tip and black tip flash hider. A course MEDIC sold me when I seen his and after explaining it to me, And if you do not like Airsoft you have an better chance of off loading the rifle then an JG or something like that. Very Happy Surprised
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 18th July 2010, 11:19 am

in my opinion the JGs r not incredibly accurate out of the box u will want to get a tightbore and a better bucking and with .25s it will prolly b shooting closer to the lower 300s if in fact it comes shooting close to 400 but i wouldnt count on it ive seen the jgs come shootin 280 out the box if u want a good gun to start with the G&G gr16 is way more accurate and better quality it comes shootin 350 out the box but is way more accurate G&Gs dont come with a battery but with the upgrades needed to get a jg shootin like the gr16 it wouldnt really b saving ne money but howie is right bout the ares they r badass and if u didnt like the jg is someone gonna buy a used one or jus spend a 100 bucks on a new one ya no, jus some more stuff to consider before buying one
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 18th July 2010, 10:54 pm

The G&G was out of my budget range so I went ahead with the JG m4 s-system enhanced version. I plan on getting some more guns but I went cheap on the first one till I find out if I am going to like playing. I also wanted to build up some kit so I will try out the JG M4 and see how it does. I will defintely look at the G&G next time. Thanks guys for the info and advice.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th July 2010, 6:24 am

You made the sensible decision considering the fact that you probably have a ton more gear to buy in order to play airsoft effectively. Like a vest, mags, good eye protection, extra batteries, etc. At least you bought new and know what your getting into with an entry level gun like the JG. I love mine but it does need some upgrades to be as accurate as some of my higher dollar guns. But it gets the job done. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 19th July 2010, 11:22 am

The JG is definelty a good entry level gun it will do good for ya im sure i just no im ready to play again haha
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Need Help- Hi Cap mags and Best Manufacturer of AEG Empty Its Finally Here!!!!

Post by Fast 23rd July 2010, 1:08 pm

Went home for lunch and my gun had finally arrived. Played with it a little bit and took it out back to shoot a bb though it and it jammed. Cleared the jam and didn't have enough time to figure out what happened cause I had to get back to work. I may need a little help tomorrow morning before the game if any one is interested in helping me out. I plan on working on it tonight to see if it was something that I did---probably was!
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by savoy6 23rd July 2010, 1:20 pm

you my also consider that you are going to have to chrono at the field with .20s so if you ramp it to around 400 with .25s you could wind up doing 460+ when you chrono.. :shock:
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down