The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone local do Gearbox work? I have my CQB box ready to be assembled.

4 posters

Go down

Anyone local do Gearbox work? I have my CQB box ready to be assembled. Empty Anyone local do Gearbox work? I have my CQB box ready to be assembled.

Post by dmxsoulja3 29th September 2010, 9:32 pm

I was up in the air on selling my G36C and purchasing something with lower FPS, or downgrading the G36, after playing with my M4 and G36 at the hotel, I liked how easily I could move around with the G36, the body is nylon fiber, strong, and light, so weight was good, short barrel but with my hop up changes (bucking/spacer) it was shooting like a laser so I decided to keep it and downgrade the spring.

LOL then I got brave, I thought ok I can take this box apart, carefully, nothing will pop off, out with the old spring, in with the new...it was a hard lesson learned, the box sprung open and I now have a gearbox and a bunch of plastic baggies of parts, so I am needing someone who can put it back together local or I'll send it off to one of the more reputable online places.

My upgrades include: Stock JG Version 3 gearbox
Systema shim set
Guarder SP90 spring - should put me around 330
Systema 7mm oil-less bearings
Element high speed gear set and Piston - I have talked to a few people and while we can only use semi auto at the hotel, the high speed gear set and stronger piston will let me use a Lipo battery, so my box should cycle faster and I should have better trigger response for the fastest possible semi-auto.

dmxsoulja3
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Anyone local do Gearbox work? I have my CQB box ready to be assembled. Empty Re: Anyone local do Gearbox work? I have my CQB box ready to be assembled.

Post by Howie 29th September 2010, 9:55 pm

Check with Dino, CDR, Allout, or Mr. Bush, these guys are good with gearboxes
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Anyone local do Gearbox work? I have my CQB box ready to be assembled. Empty Re: Anyone local do Gearbox work? I have my CQB box ready to be assembled.

Post by dmxsoulja3 11th October 2010, 12:52 pm

Got it finished up, new high speed gears, systema shims, systema 7mm bearings, Gaurder SP90 spring, lubed, shimmed, compression was great on the stock JG parts, my stock setup was shooting over 400FPS, which was very hot compared to other advertised amounts, and after 5,000 rounds I hadn't put any wear on the JG parts, not bad at all for a china clone.

With the new setup, wow, the lighter spring and high speed gears makes the ROF ridiculous, semi auto fire is also alot quicker with less time for the gearbox to cycle, I am def ready for the next hotel game.

I got everything done at Airdog Airsoft in GA, mailed it to the owner, Ryan, very professional, and was recommended from other forums I post on, and the work was spot on, and when it was all said and done the labor/installation was only 50 bucks which included return priority shipping. I must mention that litterally I sent him a gearbox shell and a ziplock bag of parts after my failed attempt, so it was done from scratch!

dmxsoulja3
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th October 2010, 3:14 pm

Impressive. I can't figure out how to put together IKEA furniture with instructions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 11th October 2010, 3:22 pm

That's an good deal alright Very Happy Smile
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by dmxsoulja3 11th October 2010, 4:03 pm

A gearbox is alot like IKEA furniture, a bunch of metal parts, but none of them have letters on them unfortunately lol, there are about 4 springs, screws of various sizes, 3 gears, latches, pistons, all in total there was probably 15-20 different parts..I thought I could open the gear box and replace the spring, which in theory can work, however, you have to be able to control the spring guide, if you can get a screw driver in the back of the spring guide to hold the pressure in and open the box your golden, on the other hand in my situation the spring binded up in an arch and popped the box open a little sooner than I had hoped, springing all the parts into various places on my work bench. Either way, for 50 bucks, lol I wouldnt have even opened it, but they did great work, I'm piecing together another gear box from spare parts so I can hot swap cqb/field setups in my AEG's.

p.s. He will downgrade the spring, shim, lube, for 30 bucks, so if you have an AEG that is shooting hot, can send it over, downgrade for 30, or if in my case you want to add some goodies, he charges reasonable labor.

dmxsoulja3
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 11th October 2010, 4:07 pm

I need to swap out spring on my wilcox AEG and bring it back up to the 390 FPS limit, I think I have prove my CQB AEG now and it's ready to go with no more improvements done to it.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by dmxsoulja3 11th October 2010, 4:22 pm

I plan on building a 350-370 high speed setup for the Field, I think accuracy mods, and getting more bb's down range faster should prove to be money well spent, you can usually find good deals on internal parts during specials on most of the sites, it was always a concern of how much is this going to cost to install. looks like with a motor upgrade, high speed gears, and m110 spring on a 9.6v battery can do in the 23+ bb's a second range at around 370fps

dmxsoulja3
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 11th October 2010, 4:24 pm

I own Ares/ Star M4's one is CQB and the other is Regular M-4 They both have the Hot Swap spring Function . Very Happy Smile
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by dmxsoulja3 11th October 2010, 4:29 pm

yeah man if only I could do it all over again! I can't really stress to new guys who want to play cqb and on fields how nice that hot swap is, wish I would have just bought one of those from the beginning even if it meant I was strapped budget wise for rest of load out.

Man after seeing some of these youtube videos I thought 25 rps was fast, some of these guys are shooting in the 40's, it just looks like a piece of solid plastic coming out the front of the barrel down range

dmxsoulja3
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 11th October 2010, 6:03 pm

airdog, they are good guys met them a few years back , been wanting to invite them down for a game , their only 4 hours away
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmxsoulja3 11th October 2010, 7:27 pm

LOL a game and their tool set, but yeah that is cool you have met them, they really seemed to be great guys and Ryan was prompt, he got my package, assembled, and shipped the next day. Priority mail only took two days.

dmxsoulja3
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugnutz 18th October 2010, 12:15 am

Hey man if you looking for a few-alot of RPS, I would throw in a G&P M120 High speed motor. There about $35-$40, but I've run them on three different guns. I had an m14 that had an M130 spring in it and with alot of other mods, and it was running around 21RPS. If you don't know much about springs an M130 is a bit of a heavy spring. If you put a G&P motor in with a 9.6v You would gain 3-8rps. fyi I was running a 11.1v lipo in the m14 lol
Lugnutz
Lugnutz
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down