The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My brand new Tokyo Marui Five-Seven (FG + CQ Flash)

2 posters

Go down

My brand new Tokyo Marui Five-Seven (FG + CQ Flash) Empty My brand new Tokyo Marui Five-Seven (FG + CQ Flash)

Post by baribari 7th October 2010, 3:57 am

This weekend I bought my first new GBB in six years (and my first working one in about four), a foliage green TM 5-7 with LED flash light.

It has a nice kick, and I think it has similar performance to the High-Capa / P226.

It holds 26 rounds, but the mags are a little tricky to load since the spring is really strong and you can only load it from the bottom, and you have to get the order of the BB's just right to fit all 26 BB's in.

The flashlight is, to be honest, kind of useless. It only stays on when you hold the button, and it's only about as strong as a small flashlight (it's powered by three watch batteries), but it looks cool and it's not very heavy, so I'll leave it on. LOL. It would be useful for signaling during night/indoor matches, or for target ID'ing in very low-light situations.

I paid about $150 (at current exchange rates) for the gun/light, and about $30 for a spare magazine.

Players in Japan now use HFC152A, which is weaker than 134A, but supposedly more stable meaning you get better rapid-fire and accuracy. It's also better for the environment.

I wonder if it will run green gas or propane OK? Apparently it will chrono 309 FPS with green, but with 152A it won't consistently penetrate a cardboard box. I suspect it would with 134.

The gun isn't very heavy empty, but feels just right loaded. The magazines are BIG. They have very large gas reservoirs.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

My brand new Tokyo Marui Five-Seven (FG + CQ Flash) Empty Re: My brand new Tokyo Marui Five-Seven (FG + CQ Flash)

Post by baribari 7th October 2010, 4:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The weight loaded is 1 pound 12.2 ounces. Just a few ounces under two pounds.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

My brand new Tokyo Marui Five-Seven (FG + CQ Flash) Empty Re: My brand new Tokyo Marui Five-Seven (FG + CQ Flash)

Post by Longbow 8th October 2010, 7:35 am

TM guns don't like running propane, or more so the mags devlop leaks after a short time if you use propane. id suggest sticking with green gas (propane with scilicone) or hfc134 (or duster gas)

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by baribari 8th October 2010, 8:46 am

I'm running HFC153A at the moment. Not sure if I can even get green gas or 134A any more here, especially now that there's a law limiting all guns to under 1 Joule (332 FPS or so with .20 G's).

I just put three BB's in the same hole from 10 feet. I'm not sure if this says anything about it's accuracy compared to other stock GBBs, but I won't complain. LOL.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 9th October 2010, 9:24 am

theres a gas gun kit form airsoftatlanta that include an adapter so you can rip off the top of a "duster" or computer cleaner can. i think for all intents and purposes duster is HFC134

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by baribari 10th October 2010, 1:21 am

I'm in Japan at the moment so I don't have to worry about buying duster gas, since pre-lubed airsoft gun gas is readily available here.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down