The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got some good things going, but don't get caught in your kingdom

4 posters

Go down

Got some good things going, but don't get caught in your kingdom Empty Got some good things going, but don't get caught in your kingdom

Post by Animal Mother 19th October 2010, 5:47 pm

You guys all know how I like to start stuff, so here goes a bit of my observation.

I know the Hotel is a great thing, I like it, and everyone that goes to play out there likes it, but I think you guys need to calm down a bit with the game out there. Its almost a replay of the past, how we can get sometimes tied up in our own little "kingdom" and we forgot about other areas of the community that need your presence. From the videos I've seen, there hasn't been that large of a turn-out for these weekend games. You guys need to travel to other areas and spread the word. Just doing it in a forum post isn't going to cut it. There is a rather large OP in MS this weekend and I see none of you guys on the roster (which is strange because you guys who have been to the OPs in Mississippi love them). If you guys were there, you'd gain the respect of the players, and in turn they would almost feel obligated to come out to your field. Once you get them to play once at the Hotel, they're pretty much sold because we all know what a gem that place is.

In essence, all I'm saying is: what's the rush? The hotel is doing well, but you don't need to play there every weekend, get out and travel, word of mouth and personal appearance at other events go a long with promotion. We all know if we play at the same place with the same people every weekend its going to get boring.

I'm not meaning for this post to be a rant or complaint, just bringing something to light from the point of view of someone who's been around for a while and seen airsoft scenes come and go (several times).

Thanks for your time.

--Mother
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Got some good things going, but don't get caught in your kingdom Empty Re: Got some good things going, but don't get caught in your kingdom

Post by Guest 19th October 2010, 5:58 pm

It's a fair observation, but from my personal point of view, I've got a pistol and a canteen and have been to four games - hardly the motivational example to spread the word, and certainly not prepared for a longer OP.

Back to top Go down

Got some good things going, but don't get caught in your kingdom Empty Re: Got some good things going, but don't get caught in your kingdom

Post by Animal Mother 19th October 2010, 6:14 pm

Doesn't really apply to you, bud. Plus, gear and guns doesn't mean anything as long as you show up and meet and greet.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 19th October 2010, 6:31 pm

I might be going to crestview this saturday, all depends on the bum shoulder.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th October 2010, 6:34 pm

True, but we had a bunch of new faces (mine included) join, so it's not just me.

Guns and gear do make a difference. Have little to none, and you are on whatever team is not wearing multicam that day.

Edit 1: But it could just be me, and I will concede the point.

Edit 2: I just came up with a cool new team. "The Loaners" Noob Mercs disguised as Noobs! An elite team of peones, plebs, conscripts, freshmen snipers, green grenadiers and rabble rousers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 19th October 2010, 6:53 pm

Its not the gear or the guns, its the player. A lot of airsofters these days don't realize it.

Also, you will rarely see me wearing multicam. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by dino 20th October 2010, 12:18 am

the point is that after you shoot the same guys week after week you know which way his going to run berofe he does . Dam the gear get and out meet new shooters and have fun bro.......oh ya afro

dino
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 23rd October 2010, 10:37 am

very good advice , i would have gone to the op in ms. this week end but i am trying to get the phone company to fix my dsl at my house they said they would be there between 8am and 6pm today , that way i don't have to drive 10 mins. away just to check on you guys LOL . but i do love playing in ms. they are a great group . i hope to make the next op. they have .so yes i say if you can make it to a game somewhere plz. go and make a few new friends and help keep airsoft alive and well
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down