The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas snipers?

+2
braxt360
Nick
6 posters

Go down

Gas snipers? Empty Gas snipers?

Post by Nick 15th November 2010, 5:59 pm

Since theres soo much talk bout snipers on here as of late i figured someone could answer my curiosity about gas snipers cuz i have no experience or no of anyone that does soo fill me in or let me no how little i no on the subject haha thanks guys
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Gas snipers? Empty Re: Gas snipers?

Post by braxt360 15th November 2010, 7:04 pm

all i know is that dino has 1 and it is scary as hell lol!
braxt360
braxt360
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 15th November 2010, 7:08 pm

If I did the sniper role, this what I would use. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 18th November 2010, 2:48 pm

Hears the thing with Sniper Rifles (not Snipers!) you want high fps to give that bb some oomph at 200+feet and a tight barrel and very adjustable hopup unit with great compression that will send those bbs out in a straight line. Spirng sniper rifles are easier to keep constant the spring will always deliver the same energy to the bb, it will however wear down your other internal parts such as the trigger seers, so you will gut and retrofit most of your rifle to make a nice spring rifle thats why they cost so much when you find them. also those bolts are hard to pull when you have a 500+ fps spring in there.
So Gas, no worries about triggers or bolts. only thing is gas pressures change with temperature, as such even from one shot to the next my kjw m700 went from 500 fps to 280fps! as such the bb pooped a few yards and left me praying noone saw that. also upgrades like barrels hop-up units and magazine for gas guns are more pricey still, the high quality KJW tightbore is about 70-100 bucks. so gas guns are awesome but are finiky due to the fact they are gas powered, the way to get by that is building a regulator and running CO2 but thats another somewhat expensive endevor.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th November 2010, 5:47 pm

They need to invent a single shot canister, so that it does not affect the other shots. Perhaps we can modify the magazines to hold these individual pre-packed, um, cartridges, say, that could eject with each firing.

That would be so cool.

Perhaps we can even get them up to 800 fps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 18th November 2010, 6:30 pm

Well everyone knew what i was talking bout so what i got lazy didnt want to type and extra word so sue me. But i was interested in the KJW m700 looks great and i just rnt really interested in a springer sniper (rifle) they work good and all but wheres the fun in being 200+ ft away and being completly silent it would b more challenging to have a loud ass report for every shot but thats just what i think a sniper should have to think about taking more care when he shoots then has to think if he may have to move to another location to avoid detection or evade the other team after he fires a few shots that would b a badass haha
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 18th November 2010, 8:09 pm

One Shot, One Kill! Very Happy Smile
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th November 2010, 8:23 pm

Perhaps I should have used more smiley faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 18th November 2010, 9:10 pm

the kjw m700 is a good upgrade platform, but it's looser than the tanaka. so the FPS will be very inconsistent. the hollow plastic of a big bolt rifle is kinda loud. so if you do buy the m700 give me a PM and i'll link you to a bunch of DIY and upgrade plans

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackary 2nd December 2010, 1:43 pm

Longbow: how about going ahead and sharing the links in this thread?
Wackary
Wackary
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by cantfindme 20th December 2010, 8:38 pm

Heres m thoughts on it. In real life if a sniper is going to be close enough that the enemy will be able to tell where they are when they shoot, they are going to use a silencer anyway. They make the silencers for the Barret 50cal even. So real IMO the benefit from the gas is very very slim. They will shoot harder and further for a few shots, but the aren't consistant. ( just like my spelling LOL) I have studyed them all over the past and the spring rifles are just a better gun for a sniper. But thats just my 2 cents!
cantfindme
cantfindme
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 11th January 2011, 1:08 pm

currently i can't get on the site for the mods. I agree in a lot of ways the spring gun is better, but the light bolt pull and lack of stress on the internals brings them up to even again.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by cantfindme 11th January 2011, 1:55 pm

I see your point, but you also have to look at the gas rifle when you shoot. Gas rifle-First shot 535fps, second shot 505fps, third shot 480fps. So on, and so on.
Spring rifle- First shot 450fps, second shot 446fps, third shot 456fps. You see the spring doesnt drop and drop. it stays fairly consistant.
Where gas drops fast! A gas gun is great for 2-3 shots, then the gas preasure drops so bad that you have to refill the gas or change mags. Plus temperture effects the preasure also. Spring gun you shoot all day at the same level fps, and just add ammo. Plus gas gun parts cost more, and are harder to find than spring guns.
I have a gas pistol, and the problem that I have with it is the same as many people have with gas, GAS LEAKS!!! the mag leaking or internals causeing leaks. IMO there is no way that I would ever buy another gas gun. I love the realizm of it, but the problems that go with it turn me off them.
cantfindme
cantfindme
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 11th January 2011, 6:59 pm

CO2 and regulator is the way to go if it's a gas gun. then again this is why i love my Semi rifles

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by cantfindme 11th January 2011, 9:05 pm

Very true! CO2 with regulator works great from what I hear. Always an option!
cantfindme
cantfindme
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down