The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dot Sights

4 posters

Go down

Red Dot Sights  Empty Red Dot Sights

Post by DirtyMo 27th December 2010, 2:00 am

so im a little confused on how these things work. I have a Aimpoint Red dot sight i got for 26.99 pretty sure its not real aimpoint, its a green/red dot sight and im having trouble adjusting it. At about 7 yards the bb goes exactly where the dot is and then when i step back a couple yards its off. what should i do? shouldnt it be like wen you adjust your iron sights that were u aim is where the bb goes no matter what your distance is? the last game i went to i had a engagement rule of 75ft and i wasnt hittin nuthin
DirtyMo
DirtyMo
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Red Dot Sights  Empty Re: Red Dot Sights

Post by Howie 27th December 2010, 5:17 am

Sounds like your Red dot is Crap, no point attended, most all red dot's I have used no matter at 7yards or 50 yards are dead on Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 27th December 2010, 6:55 pm

u gotta remember bbs rnt always dead on but it should b pretty close at 20ft every shot so i would say ur sight is off and if u got an actual aimpoint for 27 bucks ur the luckiest airsofter ever
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyMo 27th December 2010, 7:06 pm

its like wat howie said its a p.o.s cause i sight it in at about 40 feet and its pretty close but then i move in about 7 and its off retardly off haha
DirtyMo
DirtyMo
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 28th December 2010, 8:30 am

Do u have that sight on a GBBR? If so it may b too much recoil for that sight. I had a WE SCAR with a cheap reflex sight on it and after a few rounds the sight would b off and continue to get further off as i put more rounds through it. Some airsoft sights rnt meant for hardly any recoil so u may consider that
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 28th December 2010, 11:37 am

I agree with that nick,On a different note, with being in Subic bay , Philippines , was been real temping, but out of amazement has been able to come back to the ship along Very Happy Laughing I really hae self control just not with an trigger in Airsoft Laughing
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost 11th January 2011, 9:52 pm

Invest in a decent red dot. I'm using a vortec red dot that was taken from my RRA 6.8SPC and it's sighted in at 20yrds on my ICS M4. Don't sight in your red dot too close, because some have paralex set for longer ranges, resulting in inconsistencies at shorter rangers. Go for like 20 yrds or so, and benchrest your gun for the most stability.

Ghost
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum