The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought a used M14 SOCOM, but velocity seems low

4 posters

Go down

Bought a used M14 SOCOM, but velocity seems low Empty Bought a used M14 SOCOM, but velocity seems low

Post by baribari 11th January 2011, 7:01 am

Hi guys, I just picked up a used M14 SOCOM in Tokyo, and although the shop claimed it chronoed at 91 M/S (about 291), my P90 which was purchased new seems to have a much higher velocity just from watching the BB's.

Any ideas what could cause this or what I should check?

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Bought a used M14 SOCOM, but velocity seems low Empty Re: Bought a used M14 SOCOM, but velocity seems low

Post by twizzlerman 11th January 2011, 9:30 am

well is it tokyo marui, because they seem to have low fps and p90 could be a different brand, so that means that you need to upgrade the spring on the m14,
twizzlerman
twizzlerman
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Bought a used M14 SOCOM, but velocity seems low Empty Re: Bought a used M14 SOCOM, but velocity seems low

Post by baribari 11th January 2011, 9:51 am

The P90 is a TM.

Also, the spring limit in Japan is slightly less than an M100, depending on the gun... but most teams seem to be about 95 M/S since that keeps them far enough from being illegal.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by baribari 13th January 2011, 2:43 am

I did some tests with cardboard and now I'm not sure if it's slower, but today I tried to set the hopup and it didn't seem to work very well. Also, it hooked to the left pretty badly after a bit, but so did my P90 and the hopup on it seems to work fine.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by twizzlerman 13th January 2011, 8:40 am

sounds like a defected hop up or a miss alignment of the hop up, you probably want to take apart it and see if something look wrong on it.
twizzlerman
twizzlerman
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by baribari 13th January 2011, 10:21 pm

I think it might have just been a combination between the hop being complete off, having a dirty barrel (cloth came out green, lol), and strong winds... plus I was using 0.20s. I won't know for sure until I try again later today.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by LT 13th January 2011, 10:26 pm

You could have an issue with losing the air seal within the cylinder.
LT
LT
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by baribari 13th January 2011, 10:28 pm

I hope not. The M14 is a pain to take down.

Last edited by Steelwill on 14th January 2011, 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit by admin for langauge)

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th January 2011, 6:28 am

baribari plz watch the language

Back to top Go down

Post by PathFinder 11th February 2011, 8:48 am

you cleaned the barell good idea. after gettin out the crud i like to use never dull it polishes the inner barell and bbs slide way better.if you got a cpl bucks get a tight bore ie promethious or some brand plus order a new hop up.watch putting new spring in mechbox,most factory gears are pot metal.hope that helps yea

not to be a jerk but alot of the tournies n events ive been to use .25 for chron. I seen .20 are used ie regulations.
PathFinder
PathFinder
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down