The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help please

2 posters

Go down

Help please Empty Help please

Post by DirtyMo 2nd March 2011, 1:41 am

so i got a new AEG from airsoftgi and you kno how they send you a paper sayin they tested it and chronoed it . well they say mine chronoed at 430 fps wit .20, i found a fps calculator online and i calculated wat it will shoot wit .25 which is wat ill use and it says 383
looks like this
Input Values:

BB weight (in grams): .20
Speed (Feet Per Second): 430
Energy (Joule): 1.71

Mass (grammes) .25
Energy (Joule) 1.71
Muzzle velocity = 383.3 (fps)
so wen u chrono my gun and i use .25 ill be under 400 fps is that how it works with yall cuz i kno my gbb was shooting 449 with .25 which was stupid but my AEG should be around 383 wit .25
like the event takin place in panama city when they chrono guns do i chrono with wat ill be shootin? or is the 430 fps with .20 cuz the gun hasnt been broken in yet?
i did some research and ppl said theres chronoes 330-380 why is mine at 430
its the G4-A1 by the way

DirtyMo
DirtyMo
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Help please Empty Re: Help please

Post by Guest 2nd March 2011, 6:36 am

We chrono based on .20's regardless of what you'll actually be using. This is for a few reasons. First the chart for ranges is based on dot twos. Second, (and not complexly) changing the mass affects velocity, but not the energy the gun is producing - increasing weight to reduce speed to make the maximum limits is still using too hot of a gun on the field.

So in your example, the rifle is shooting 430* w/ .2 or 380* w/ .25's. Your minimum ranges would still be based on the .2's at 45 feet.
* ish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd March 2011, 7:21 am

I would run a couple of clips through it then get it re-chrono'd before I worried about it to much. U will find that it's probably reduced fps once the spring has been broken in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 2nd March 2011, 11:33 am

The FPS isn't the problem. Measuring with .2g BBs is merely an easy way to gauge about how much energy the gun has.
400/.2g
358/.25g
338/.28g
326/.3g
298/.36g
273/.43g

All of these are 1.49j of energy, and will hit JUST AS HARD at the given FPS. using heavier BBs slows down the FPS as you can see, but no energy is lost, and on some longer barreled weapons, it can actually increase.

1.7j places you in support gun territory. be very mindful of your MED, as others have posted.

For those of you who would like the information on file, here is a brief list of energies at the field's FPS caps.

AEG (400) 1.49
SAW (450) 1.87
DMR (500) 2.31
SWS (550) 2.81

It's not uncommon to see clone guns come out of the box shooting that hot, many of China's Finest have begun shipping out with M130s and M140s installed, in an effort to try to anticipate maximum appeal by the american motto of 'bigger, better, faster.'

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyMo 2nd March 2011, 11:58 am

How much do u think it will reduce? I should get a m100 spring but I'm not gona take the gun apart who can help me with that
DirtyMo
DirtyMo
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyMo 2nd March 2011, 12:00 pm

I'm gona shoot the hell out of it until the spring gets broken in cuz it us new so 430 new spring maybe drop 20 dos after breaking it in?
DirtyMo
DirtyMo
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd March 2011, 12:02 pm

Well, I like bigger, but not faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyMo 2nd March 2011, 12:03 pm

Fps sorry stupid fone
DirtyMo
DirtyMo
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd March 2011, 7:57 pm

I do upgrades, I know you asked on the other forums. But why not sender here. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum