The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Outbreak - April 16th

+4
pearlybluesi
Longbow
rhfrob
FOXHOUND_SIN
8 posters

Go down

Operation Outbreak - April 16th Empty Operation Outbreak - April 16th

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 8th March 2011, 11:07 pm

Operation Outbreak

This game is a zombie survival operation, the first game ever hosted by Team FOXHOUND Airsoft. It's more focused on the survival aspect and not the shooting zombies aspect. This is going to be a pure panic mode game where you're allowed to survive based on what you think is best. We want this to be like a city that had NO idea this outbreak was going to happen, not people who had a week to prepare. There will be game objectives but how you complete them is up to you. You can either band together and fight the zombies or run by yourself and only save yourself.

April 16th, 2011
Price - $10 (If you pay for the gameday that day, you play in Op Outbreak for free.)
Game will play until 8 PM or until we lose interest
Where - Wilcox Field in Robertsdale, AL
MAP TO THE FIELD - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--FPS Limits--
350 fps MAX (15 foot MED)
Under 300 FPS has a 5 foot MED
NO FULL AUTO

All players will be civilians with the exception of a preselected military group. Therefor, dress as civilian as possible for this game. Either bring a change of clothes or at least wear a civilian undershirt under your BDU blouse. We want it to look as civilian as possible but if you TRULY cannot change in time, then at least have the civilian top on over your BDU trousers. Again, as civilian as possible.

Weapon restrictions
You may bring any gun you want so long as it is within the required FPS limits and can be chronographed. We STRONGLY prefer you bring a pistol or shotgun (Springers, GBB, etc) however if you don't have one and your only resort is your AEG (Again, so long as it's field legal for this game) then it's fine. Civilians will only be allowed one primary weapon. That means, only a shotgun, pistol, OR your AEG. No combination of the two or any backup weapons allowed. For people who ABSOLUTELY do not have a gun, there will be a fun in game gun store where you can "Buy" weapons and ammo. We will have monopoly money as an in game currency for buying items and such from admins. This will be used much more heavily during the full scale OP if this game is a success.

Magazine Restrictions
No winding mags!
AEGs will only be allowed Midcap/Lowcap magazines only. If your midcap is over 75 rounds, you're allowed one. If your midcap is under 75 rounds, you're allowed two.
Shotguns will be allowed 4 shells or one magazine (Provided it's not winding and depending on it's ammo capacity)
Handguns are allowed to be Gas Blowback but springers are preferred. For magazines that hold over 15 rounds, you will only be allowed 2 mags. If you have pistol magazines under/at 15 rounds, or single stacks, you're allowed three magazines.

--MAX AMMO AT START OF GAME IS 20 ROUNDS--
-More can be found by completing certain objectives
-This figure excludes the 'military' group, who will have ~100rds for the entire mission, with no chance of acquiring more ammo

DO NOT BRING AMMO IN THE FIELD OR PRE LOAD YOUR GUNS BEFORE THE GAME. High Grade .2 bbs will be provided by Foxhounds sponsor for the game. The whole idea is ammo limitations. If you're allowed, or cheat and bring your own ammo in the game, to have how much ammo you want, then it'll just turn into a zombie turkey shoot with no survival aspect at all.

There will be a military group with different magazine restrictions. They will be in full gear and be allowed full ammunition at game start but they will be independent and allowed to complete objectives at their discretion. They will have different tasks aside from civilians and it's up to them to coordinate how, and if, they want to work together. They will be in a matching uniform.

ZOMBIES
When you are a zombie, whether changed or started out as, you will be required to wear a deadrag on your head or up high enough so that you can see it CLEARLY. We also recommend that you wear a full face mask due to the close engagement distances that will happen. Yes, we will be using low power guns, but it still won't feel that great taking those shots at point blank. Head shots are discouraged, but we all know it can happen.
Zombies will be asked to move at a moderate walk toward humans (in the area of a marching speed) however you will be allowed to move at any pace to get across the field. When you're visually engaged (within 100ft) with a human player, you're restricted to the moderate walk.

When you get within 2 or 3 steps, you're allowed a lunge to attempt to grab the human. You can't continuously lunge at someone however. When you lunge and you miss, you must get out of the 2 or 3 step range then back in to the 2 or 3 step range and then you'll be allowed to lunge again.

It only takes one hand touch to wound a human player. When a human player is wounded, he is required to stay in place. He may still talk but cannot defend himself. When a human is wounded, a zombie must hold BOTH of his hands at the same time on the wounded player for 15 seconds. (Time is stackable) For humans, they must have two unwounded human players grab the wounded player, (One hand on him by each player) and then WALK him to the hospital which will be in the outpost. A doctor must then hold on to the operation table and on the player for 15 seconds, then the player is healed. If the player isn't infected by a zombie or healed after 5 minutes, he may go to the nearest city that is not overrun by zombies and respawn instantly.

When a zombie is hit, he must crouch for 15 seconds. (preferably fall down to visually identify he has been hit.) Please count in the "1 mississippi" fashon to avoid cheating. After 15 seconds, he's allowed to move freely again. We ask that you do not prioritize targets as a zombie. Zombies aren't smart, they just follow after the closest human because they're hungry. Do not camp around buildings that are vital to civilians because you know that's where they need to go. Just chase humans at random. It will make the game much more fun and not ruin it for the entire group

Approximate player spread for a 30-player game:
4 Military
8 Zombie
18 Civillian

There will be two 'Mayors' in the game, who work as a playing Admin with vested interests in their respective cities survival. They will be given a radio each, as well as one for the military group. This will be used to (hopefully) effectively communicate new objectives and steer the OP in the right direction.

-Game will last for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, followed by a lunch-break/reset, then another group will play as zombies.
-Objectives will be released based on a timer, this may change.

While we are expecting around 30, numbers and rules may change depending on the amount of players

Last edited by FOXHOUND_SIN on 31st March 2011, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Operation Outbreak - April 16th Empty Re: Operation Outbreak - April 16th

Post by rhfrob 9th March 2011, 8:17 pm

can i use a sniper rifle if i can dial down the fps? it runs on HPA
rhfrob
rhfrob
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 9th March 2011, 8:22 pm

holy cow it looks like you guys were able to make zombies more reasonable as a game idea. I may be there IDK yet but i'd like to.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 9th March 2011, 10:13 pm

Thank you! And Also, we're going to need a military group. The requirements are 4 people, all in the MATCHING uniform of their choice, with midcaps (preferably lowcaps), and guys who have worked together.

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by rhfrob 10th March 2011, 11:03 am

Can I use a sniper that has a regulator and runs on hpa? I can dial in the fps to whatever I want
rhfrob
rhfrob
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2011, 11:22 am

This sounds like a job for team Titey-Witey.

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 10th March 2011, 12:28 pm

LOL Team Titey Whitey? Hey, if they fit the requirments, buttnaked could be the uniform. Razz And sure, I think your bolt action would be okay so long as it meets requirements during chrono. Just know you're only using .2s the whole day.

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 2nd April 2011, 9:46 pm

We ask that you bring a radio. Mayors will need radios, some zombies will need radios, we will be admin controlling the military group so we have one prepicked already from our team. Please bring them if you have them. If you wish to have radios on a civilian channel, we will designate one for you guys. (Radios will be mainly for admin contact to give you guys objectives.) The mayors will be your lifeline. They will tell you what to do so look to them for help.

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd April 2011, 8:45 am

I don't have a radio, can someone loan me one?

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 3rd April 2011, 6:43 pm

We can probably get you one, no problem.

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by pearlybluesi 5th April 2011, 8:13 pm

I am without a pistol at the moment. I would love to come out to the field for the first time but I am gearless Sad Could anyone rent me a pistol?
pearlybluesi
pearlybluesi
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th April 2011, 8:17 pm

pearlybluesi wrote:I am without a pistol at the moment. I would love to come out to the field for the first time but I am gearless Sad Could anyone rent me a pistol?

I may have one.

Back to top Go down

Post by pearlybluesi 5th April 2011, 8:30 pm

DarkHawk wrote:
pearlybluesi wrote:I am without a pistol at the moment. I would love to come out to the field for the first time but I am gearless Sad Could anyone rent me a pistol?

I may have one.

Awesome! Let me know how much you would like to rent for it please.
pearlybluesi
pearlybluesi
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by braxt360 6th April 2011, 1:54 pm

all i have is a winding mag shot gun but if u can make an exseption i would love to come and play
braxt360
braxt360
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th April 2011, 4:55 pm

braxt360 wrote:all i have is a winding mag shot gun but if u can make an exseption i would love to come and play

I believe shotguns are acceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th April 2011, 6:24 pm

20 rounds. That's all I'm saying.

Do trishot shotguns get 60 rounds?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 6th April 2011, 10:57 pm

Tri-shot shotguns will most likely get one, maybe two loaded shells (30-60rds) based on some in-game variables. They will probably end up with three total shells, but it's unlikely that they'll have the chance to fill them all up.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by plowdawg 7th April 2011, 9:39 pm

do yall allow drum mags on regular games also wat can u use at the zombie op

plowdawg
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th April 2011, 11:10 pm

Regular games don't usually have ammo restrictions.

You can bring a box mag to the zombie game, but you're still only gonna get 20 rounds to start....

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 8th April 2011, 3:14 am

We're not allowing winding mags seeing as you wouldn't have enough rounds for those mags to feed. So no highcaps or drum mags or winding mags. Mid to lo/real cap magazines only please.

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th April 2011, 6:51 am

Well, there you go.

Back to top Go down

Post by plank 14th April 2011, 5:57 pm

Being an 'Old Guy' and a geek at heart, would Light Sabers be permitted in this scenario? I know it sounds silly.
plank
plank
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th April 2011, 9:57 pm

plank wrote:Being an 'Old Guy' and a geek at heart, would Light Sabers be permitted in this scenario? I know it sounds silly.

I say "What ever floats your boat!" lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 15th April 2011, 1:50 am

My only concern is the lack of ammo consumption. The sinking feeling we're trying to create in this OP is that you'll die, sooner or later, unless you really work your butt off to get through the scenarios. If you have a weapon that never runs out of ammo, then you don't really have a disadvantage on your hands even with the extremely short engagement distance. You just have to find yourself a few choke points out of natural vegetation, make a simple patrol out of it, and your chances for dying would be so slim it would be a joke, really.

That being said, if you wouldn't mind limiting yourself to a certain number of 'kills' before the weapon is rendered inoperable, then we might be able to work something out. I like the creativity, and the geek in me really connects with the light-saber theme.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th April 2011, 12:04 pm

While I love boffer weapons, and have a bit of skill with various melee weapons, I would really recommend that this idea be disallowed unless EVERYONE wore full face masks to reduce eye injury odds. Someone wearing safety glasses is very likely to loose the eye protection to a sword blow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down