The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ares (STAR) Full metal Advanced M4 FF CQB Carbine

+3
dino
jpresley17
Howie
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ares (STAR) Full metal Advanced M4 FF CQB Carbine Empty Ares (STAR) Full metal Advanced M4 FF CQB Carbine

Post by Howie 28th March 2010, 11:02 am

Well Guys I was going to get the G&G Electric Blowback, But after talking to Medic21 yesterday, about what to get, Since CDR loves his Ares. I felt that I must also follow suit with the guys, I really Like the Idea of Swapping out Springs Depending on the game I am playing. Also Have A electric Switch as M-249 mades it nice also.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Ares (STAR) Full metal Advanced M4 FF CQB Carbine Empty Re: Ares (STAR) Full metal Advanced M4 FF CQB Carbine

Post by jpresley17 28th March 2010, 8:46 pm

Good choice...I really love my Ares M4 as well, it is unbelievably accurate and has really good range out of the box, the trigger response is nice too.

jpresley17
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Ares (STAR) Full metal Advanced M4 FF CQB Carbine Empty Re: Ares (STAR) Full metal Advanced M4 FF CQB Carbine

Post by Howie 29th March 2010, 7:00 pm

Feel like an little B%@^h waiting on the Email from Evike/UPS or when the Gun ships out!
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th March 2010, 5:45 am

you wont have it by Sat's game. it took like 4 days jsut to get an email from them when they shipped out my selector plate for my g36 then took another 6 bussiness days to get here Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 30th March 2010, 5:24 pm

Better late then never, just got the email today saying it will be deliver on April 1st, hope it's no april fools on me. Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by dino 30th March 2010, 6:28 pm

YA 04/01/2012 lol

dino
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 1st April 2010, 4:01 pm

Okay Guys,
I recieve the AEG, The Package included the AEG, Rail Covers. Grip, A black flash hider to replace the orange tip.I give two thumbs Up. Came with no written instructions, but could view the online instructions. a course not exactly for this model.. I give one thumb up and one thumb down. A course install battery and load two magazines, one with .20 BB's and one with .23 BB's so pull out the chrono so here is the following results of testing
STOCK SPRING;
.20 BB's @ 308, 299, 309, 304, 307, 310 FPS

.23 BB's @ 294, 295, 297, 295, 294, 295 FPS

Now it took a little time to figure out how to swap out the spring, break loose the locking nut, counter cloakwise the stock, make sure battery is out. Once off remove the straight slot screw and get a allen head wrench and turn counter cloakwise the Spring retainer, and remove spring. Do not loose the Washer between the Spring and retainer. To assemble is just in reverse.

Now since I do not which spring is which I kept trying springs until I found one around 350 FPS

.20 BB's @ 365, 363, 361, 365, 360, 364 FPS

.23 BB'S @ 345, 347, 343, 346, 345, 345 FPS

Now I went with an stubby grip made by Bravo, it's nice and comfortable , remove the orange tip and install the black flashhider, will wait until later to add an hurricane holosight and MagPul rear sight.

I would like to thank Dennis (Medic21) and Cesar (CDR) for talking to me about consideration my new AEG! I am very happy with the purchase. I hope this mini review will help others in decide thier next purchase.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 1st April 2010, 7:34 pm

nice Shocked
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 1st April 2010, 7:40 pm

It's 250.00 on Evike.Com
with 10% off NOCATAX
With 3 day shipment
269.00 Worth every penny

or If choose to wait

250.00 with free shipment
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st April 2010, 8:35 pm

No! I couldnt saved you 15 bucks howie! Haha, but for fute reference I have a 15% off code to evike. It is:

C897R4RH

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 1st April 2010, 8:37 pm

would be nice if they let you bundle the discounts! Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by jpresley17 1st April 2010, 11:01 pm

how was the accuracy compared to your other AEG's?

jpresley17
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 1st April 2010, 11:08 pm

With Iron Sights, I was able to hit the same place every time it seems to be! Far as distance I will have to get out somewhere 50 feet plus.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 2nd April 2010, 8:54 pm

Looks like a good replica minus the trades. Show us the "hot swap" feature for the spring, please.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 20th April 2010, 5:48 pm

My wife informs me that both packages has arrived at house, the Eotech replica, the rear sight, foward sight, Adaptor for tracer unit, Now I just need to get home and dress the old girl up!

Animal Mother,
I have not forgotten your request, As soon as i get home, I will post up the pic's for the hot swap for the guys and you!
Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 24th August 2010, 7:57 pm

Take Rubber Boot OFF

Unscrew Straight Slot Screw off

Remove BUTT END

Loosen Locking NUT and turn counter Clockwise

Loosen Straight slot Screw. and remove

Take Allen head and turn counterclockwise and remove Holder and Spring.

Assemble going backwards
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 28th October 2010, 6:54 pm

Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugnutz 3rd November 2010, 8:04 pm

hey man I just ordered mine what type of mags will this gun take?
Lugnutz
Lugnutz
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd November 2010, 8:09 pm

im posting this as im talking to howie on the phone. he says i quote " p-mags"

This Howie , they do take G&G 79 round Magazines but they fit tight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugnutz 3rd November 2010, 9:07 pm

well that sucks I have a butt ton of matrix m4 mags I hope it will take them I don't want to spend a shit load on new mags
Lugnutz
Lugnutz
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 3rd November 2010, 9:16 pm

I think Allout runs with those mags on his ARES, it's just like mine. Hell in itself I think the AEG is worth everybit of money I put into her, just little over an thousand. Would bring it but it's my CQB, I will be brining his big brother this weekend, he needs some attention. Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugnutz 3rd November 2010, 9:27 pm

Mine won't be here until next week so my dragunov will be my main gun and my beta for a side arm. I can't wait to get my ares in. whats the rof on yours?
Lugnutz
Lugnutz
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugnutz 3rd November 2010, 9:30 pm

I might have a cracked out Classic Army m4 out there. I've been working on the gun for a while now. Theres just about no ca parts still in it lol its all king arms parts and modify parts.
Lugnutz
Lugnutz
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 3rd November 2010, 9:37 pm

Right off hand, 9.6 about 14, 11.1 about 18! I will get back to you on this, I will check tomorrow.

Here are some of the other Facts

Ares/Star M-4 CQB 300.00
Eotech 510 350.00
Bravo Optic 119.00
Bravo Ris Vertical grip 13.99
ICS M-4 Short Barrel 54.99
Surefire Flashlight 39.00
Tuffforce Rail covers 7.99
Flip up front sight tower 29.99
Knight type flash hider 20.00
Tactical Flashlight Holder 30.00
14mm positive adapter 13.00
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 3rd November 2010, 9:38 pm

Cool, By away I pick up two of the spool pieces (tables) from your work. We all thank you very much.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next