The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Wilcox field is slow to build?

+2
jpresley17
Howie
6 posters

Go down

Why Wilcox field is slow to build? Empty Why Wilcox field is slow to build?

Post by Howie 1st April 2010, 10:17 pm

Okay guys,
I understand, when you come out to the field you like to see new things added, as we also like to see new things added. As you know we are trying to build the Outpost area up, this to build like we did with the post office, it takes little bit of money. We are going to build three new structures in the late summer. two 8X8 buildings and 8X10 building. this will give the outpost more of an village scene for what I like to call town battle. give you little sample;

Now take the defenders will have to defend all buildings, once a attacker hit's you with his lucky BB's then you fall back to the outpost, then this is where the game gets good, you must retake the village and hold village until your out of ammo.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Why Wilcox field is slow to build? Empty Re: Why Wilcox field is slow to build?

Post by jpresley17 1st April 2010, 10:59 pm

slow to build? My question is opposite, how do you guys get things done around there so quickly?

jpresley17
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd April 2010, 6:08 am

Maybe this will help a little bit maybe not but heres what I did. Like you said Howie it takes quite a bit of money to build nice structures out on any field. But it doesnt have to if your willing to compromise a bit. With some time and determination a nice building can be built in a day or two. The only tools I used were a Shovel, post hole digger, chainsaw, tape measure and cordless drill.

I consider our "Crackhouse" to be a pretty nice structure its not too raggedy and will last a long time the way it sits. I got all the plywood, which is the expensive part of any structure, from a local moving and storage company. They use large wooden boxes to transport stuff in when they move people. Well the boxes get old and wobbly so they just throw them away. We made a couple calls and found one of the places that was willing to give them away as long as we came and got them. I think with a good coat of OD green on the walls that the "Crackhouse" would look great and last a long time. All of the framing lumber was purchased and ended up being around $150 so add another $25 for 5 gallons of elcheapo exterior paint and there ya go. Oh and It would be real easy to add a tin roof using old discarded tin. Ive got some being donated ive just got to go get it.

Hopefully this helps out just a little in getting some free plywod to skin whatever you guys end up building. Make a few phone calls, get some volunteer help out there and load up the flatbed trailer. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 2nd April 2010, 7:36 am

As you know we are putting up working windows and doors, we are doing the roofs, it's not going to be no throw together plywood and pallets.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd April 2010, 11:29 pm

Ouch that stung a little Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by jpresley17 4th April 2010, 4:30 pm

Haha I know Howie didn't mean it like that, you guys have a nice set up over in Crestview, I've seen 'thrown together' structures and that is not what you guys are working with. I think he just meant that we want to build more complicated/intricate structures to increase the 'fun' level in the big Ops

jpresley17
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th April 2010, 4:46 pm

jp is right. that is what howie meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th April 2010, 6:32 am

Yeah its no biggie either way I was half heartedly kidding. Our field is small and temporary so we do what we can!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 5th April 2010, 9:04 pm

any thing to take cover around is good
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bizcuit(J.J.) 7th May 2010, 3:12 am

this is j.j. whats up everybody. if wilcox field is " slowly" building up is cuzz people are too scared to go out that far to play and just to get they're asses handed to them thats why!!! come on now its just a game and i promise itll hurt just a little!!!

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S,
WILCOX FIELD KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bizcuit(J.J.)
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 7th May 2010, 5:01 pm

Someone get this guy off the forums. lol
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 7th May 2010, 6:34 pm

GOT REDBULL? Laughing
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down