The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrading My AEG

+2
Howie
HECKLER
6 posters

Go down

Upgrading My AEG Empty Upgrading My AEG

Post by HECKLER 24th April 2010, 7:30 pm

Can anyone give me tips, advice, or web sites that I can go to. To buy the parts to upgrade my M60? I want to do a full up grade on just about every thing internal. Also when I get the parts is there anyone that knows what they are doing? To do the upgrade and show how to tear down and clean my AEG? I've looked at several different sites. All I can find parts for is everything but a M60. Any help will be greatly helpful. Thank You
HECKLER
HECKLER
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Upgrading My AEG Empty Re: Upgrading My AEG

Post by Howie 24th April 2010, 7:56 pm

Animal mother can help you with this one Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by HECKLER 24th April 2010, 10:15 pm

ok I'll pm him thank you!
HECKLER
HECKLER
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 25th April 2010, 8:58 am

I don't want to sound like an ass, but it seems to always happen anyways. I've been in this hobby for a while and never really understood one thing... why people have to upgrade guns as soon as they get them. Yeah, I used to be the same way, then I realized I was setting myself up for failure. As soon as you mess with the internals of a gun, its days of operating properly get cut in half. So what is my motto ever since I've come to this realization? "Buy a gun that performs well at it's stock capacity, and if something breaks, then fix it". I have had My Star MK43 Mod 0 for a year and a half now and the only thing that has gone wrong with it is the box mag. I know countless of other people who have messed with their M60's and consequently it has been deemed a "money pit". Now if you have a disorder like Dino and just have to go into a gearbox to upgrade it because that's what you like about this hobby, then go for it, but expect a weapon failure in the near future. Hell, you can even ask Dino, even he is pulling away from the whole "upgrade once you get a gun" thing. To sum up my little rant in one phrase its "don't fix what isn't broke". If a gun is shitty enough to have to be upgraded when you get it, then you should have spent more money on a quality gun that already is ready to rock.

Unfortunately I don't know jack about the A&K M60 because its a clone of the VFC.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I hope all players will read this in hopes that they will learn from my experiences/mistakes.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by XKB911alpha 25th April 2010, 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

a very basic guide i came across, it sees like the m60 would be just as easy to disassemble as the saw. gearbox disassembly becomes ridiculously easy once you remove the main spring. from what ive read it alreasy has 8mm bearing bushings, but gear quality is unknown. inner barrel should come out with the outer barrel, which should be on some sort of quick release system much like the saw. the person in that review claims that most parts are marui compatable, and knowing a&k they probably used regular v2/v3 gears.

overall im sure it doesnt need a complete overhaul just yet, if you wanted to take the time to clean, reshim, relube, check you angle of engagement, and switch out springs, then i would look up a m249 disassembly and go off that.

XKB911alpha
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by dino 25th April 2010, 11:32 am

Ok doing this from my crackberry ...the A&k m60 and ca/a&k m249. R the same pig one just has more makeup then the other on the outside...that out the way what fps /rps are you trying to get sent at first? tell me that I can tell u what u need to do from there just remember not to put more in the gun then u paid for it Mad

dino
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by HECKLER 25th April 2010, 12:57 pm

Thank you for all the feed back I've been getting! I will take your advice Animal Mother, and just run with my AEG stock. I do however still want to know how to disassemble, thoroughly clean, and reassembly my AEG. Dino, RPS is the rate of fire right? If so I'm not wanting to increase my rate of fire just the FPS. I'm holding off replacing parts until something breaks. On a foot note: The M60 shoots 325-350 FPS stock. Is that good, bad, or decent? And would a higher grade barrel benefit me with a entirely stock AEG without decreasing the life of the AEG? Thank you again everyone! Love this Forum!!!
HECKLER
HECKLER
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th April 2010, 1:06 pm

did u chrono the gun or did u take there word for it? never go by what they say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 25th April 2010, 4:06 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about fps as much as I would worry about range. My M60 can shoot a good 75 meters accurately with a nice cluster spread and it only shoots like 375 fps. The M60 has a long as barrel so you should get some nice range with it.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by XKB911alpha 25th April 2010, 5:44 pm

dino wrote:just remember not to put more in the gun then u paid for it Mad

Guilty...

this is me pretending i know what im doing... but ive never gotten my hands on an m60. look at the stock, theres most likely some sort of thumb screw that can be taken off to facilitate removal of the bolt on its real steel counterpart. removing it should, hopefully, allow you to pull off the stock.
now look at the side of the reciever (flip up the feed tray cover to get a better idea of where the gearbox sits in the receiver) and look for hex head bolts. these SHOULD be all thats holding the box in place. remove them (saw has 2 bolts, i think that review said the m60 has 4) and you should be able to either lift the box out or slide it out the back. (if it slides back, be careful you dont force it, if it has the same switch assembly as the saw, it might tend to get caught on the trigger mechanism, so giving the trigger a squeeze while sliding the box out might be worth a try...)
now that you have the box out, push in on the spring guide and pull the release on the top of the box, let the spring guide and spring come out. easy day from here. remove the metric shitton of screws holding the box together, and carefully pull the box apart (taking note of how the spring guide release and trigger mechanism are set in the box so your not lost when it comes to reassembling)

yeah toast! now your box is apart, go wild. a relube and reshim goes a LONG way, especially on a new gun (manufacturers cant shim, and slop grease on EVERYTHING). check your compression, AoE, and i suggest removing the second tooth of your piston (google it if you dont know, helps with AoE). make sure everything is that should be tight is tight and everything that should spin freely does just that.

reassemble and youre GOOD TO GO!

XKB911alpha
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by HECKLER 25th April 2010, 7:43 pm

I haven't chrono it yet. Is there a chrono at the Wilcox Field? Thank you for the tips XKB911ALPHA. Animal Mother, what you said is what I want out of my AEG. Dont want to increase the rate of fire, but do want decent accuracy at long distance.
HECKLER
HECKLER
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th April 2010, 10:12 pm

yes there is a chrono at the field. b4 we start every game now we chrono every gun and i do mean every gun that is planed on being used by someone. even the rentals that allout has and he knows what they shot, they still get chrono.

also remember the bb you use has a lot to do with how accurate it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 29th April 2010, 6:41 pm

remember it's a support weapon not a sniper Laughing
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down