The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

building a sniper and need some admin assistance.

2 posters

Go down

building a sniper and need some admin assistance. Empty building a sniper and need some admin assistance.

Post by neo8222 26th June 2013, 8:25 am

I'm currently in the process of building a sniper rifle off the m4/m16 platform and I need some input from the admins on how to keep it field legal.

I wanted to build a semi auto SR15 sniper rifle but a friend of mine pointed out that it may not the field legal so here's what I have. If any changes need to be made. I have a 509mm 6.01 barrel, with a custom 8mm bearing gearbox filled with goodies. Most notably a M160 spring. The gun shoots 550fps with a .2 so I plan on downgrading the spring to a m150 that way when I get my Prometheus perfect hop up it hopefully be closer to 525fps.

It will be electronically and mechanically locked to semi auto fire only. Is this acceptable as a sniper rifle? I read on the MED rules a sniper was considered bolt action but the sr25 is a real world sniper rifle. Would that be acceptable as a sniper rifle?

neo8222
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

building a sniper and need some admin assistance. Empty Re: building a sniper and need some admin assistance.

Post by Howie 26th June 2013, 10:52 am

First thing you are building a DMR and not sniper, we classified a sniper as bolt action that is max 550 FPS. What you are building will be classified as a DMR, you will need to lower your FPS to 500 max, and must disable the full auto function of the gear box by drill and screw he selector so it may not go full auto or do it internally by blocking the selector internally hope this clears it up far as making it TFAA field legal
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

building a sniper and need some admin assistance. Empty Re: building a sniper and need some admin assistance.

Post by neo8222 26th June 2013, 11:45 am

OK that's what I needed to know. I already planned on stunning and blocking the auto position on the selector. So that being the case I will get a lower fps spring and bring it down to 500.

If I'm sitting at 550 with a M160 do you think a M140 would put me around the 470-500 area?

neo8222
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 26th June 2013, 1:17 pm

It should
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down