The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Reform June 25-26 2010

+17
Nick
MackPerformance
AirForce
cheese
MercforHire
4-27FA
Vengeance
Bazookatier
Animal Mother
Medic21
Drewbie83
Shepard
Lunchbox
Pops
FOXHOUND_SIN
allout
crazyerchris
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Operation Reform June 25-26 2010 - Page 4 Empty Re: Operation Reform June 25-26 2010

Post by savoy6 27th June 2010, 5:45 pm

how many staff vs. players were there?
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Operation Reform June 25-26 2010 - Page 4 Empty Re: Operation Reform June 25-26 2010

Post by Bazookatier 27th June 2010, 5:56 pm

Sorry about not being able to make it out. I spent Saturday morning in ER with mom trying to pass a kidney stone.
When is the next event like this one?
Bazookatier
Bazookatier
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 27th June 2010, 8:30 pm

i think it was 8/60 overall good game ran slow at first but picked up as intell came in , not sure about the all night thing next time , sleep about 12 hours when i got home
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyerchris 28th June 2010, 12:29 am

Like to start out by saying thanks to everyone that came. While we do like to hear all the things that people liked we really enjoy hearing things that people did not like.....that's how we fix things and make sure we don't make the same mistake twice.

Even after months of planning nothing goes right all the time, We had problems getting the lights at the last second which made us late getting to the field which in turn made us late getting things setup which delayed the game and the the missions from starting when they should have. In my opinion we tried to push the sniper/recon role to much and it did not take. We intended for most of the down time at night to be used for commanders to get their teams setup and such and let sniper/recon teams run wild on the field and gather their own Intel and setup for good positions. Playing in night games in the past I know things get really boring if there is no action and nothing going on and everyone starts to feel tired.

Night Mission - we took one member from each team that had never seen the field before and we dropped them on the field with a admin (so they would not get lost) and told them they needed to get back to their base with the admin in order to get Intel. Then both teams were to be told that an Intel officer had been taken by the opposite team and at the same time your team stole the opposite teams Intel officer. This was meant to get the teams searching for the enemy and searching for their own guy to get back in one piece..which in turn would cause teams to run into each other a lot and should last for a good portion of the night.....well going back to that we can't control everything.....The loyalist member tried to radio his command with no luck (could not understand) and wasted a lot of time just sitting while the enemy surround him and eliminated him and the Intel officer in about 5 mins, while the separatists member got his Intel officer back safely and saw not even one person.

Then we tried to do it again with the 2 plane members that needed to be located..this is where a lot of confusion came in with the DMZ and all this confusion is our fault poor communication.

Everything on paper looks great then things that you can't control start to spiral down fast and the heat makes things pretty uncomfortable.We have heard good feedback on a lot of new things we were trying out for the first time (helicopter insertion) and a lot of things got bad feedback (cease fire, to much time with nothing going on) but these are the things that we learn from and make the next event better with.

P.S.....we know we made poor on our prizes for pre-regs, because of shipping and and getting items in time for the event, but they are still coming and we do still plan on giving out prizes if your name is chosen you will be emailed what you won and once we get your address we will ship it to you. Thanks

crazyerchris
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th June 2010, 7:04 am

I cant speak for everyone of course but I dont care about any prizes. I hope you all keep these ops coming we will try it again.

Back to top Go down

Operation Reform June 25-26 2010 - Page 4 Empty My 2 Cents

Post by 4-27FA 28th June 2010, 7:37 am

I know it is important to get the feedback of those who have done this before. They will improve the overall game, it's presentation...it's style and appeal to the larger audience (assuming your largest audience is veterans).
This was my first game (first event obviously).

DOWNTIME
1. The down time (although there was a lot of it) did give me time to ask questions about what was going on.
2. The down time allowed me time to recover (it was frikkin HOT out there). My apologies to the loyalist for my heat casualtied self...it's a left over from RL military deployment.

INTEL
1. What intel was passed down (I'm sure) was done in as timely a manner as was possible.
2. The very nature of intel means many squads (or leaders) misunderstood or flat out did not see their role in the larger picture. This...combined with the heat and downtime....caused many squad leaders to do some rogue time.

Overall this contributed to the breakdown in command structure and allowed the event to right angle at times (not long periods mind you, but enough). Now as bad as this sounds...it is the VERY nature of war. I am a veteran of a desert campaign and a ground campaign of the U.S Army. This is what REALLY happens (some people even get medals for it if they are squad leaders). I almost laughed noticing the similarities between this and the real life counterparts.

THAT BEING SAID...

This operation brought me back to the olden days of sweating my cajones off ....not knowing the objective all of the time and being a "good soldier" about it and thinking on my feet. It got me killed 3 times and no confirmed kills of my own...but hey...that's what I payed the money for.

THANK you Panhandle Airsoft...I was hot and dead ...and loved every minute of it.

I humbly suggest that anyone making this game better should remember a few key phrases from Murphy's Field Manual of Combat....
1. Friendly fire...isn't.
2. Plans never survive engagement with the enemy.
3. Incoming fire has the right of way.

Really enjoyed it and can't wait to have fun again.
4-27FA
4-27FA
Novice
Novice

https://www.facebook.com/jason.viator

Back to top Go down

Post by MackPerformance 29th June 2010, 12:02 am

WOW!!! I have awoke from my deep sleep and man I’m still tired! My email is full with 40+ emails; so I can honestly say I’ve gotten the good, bad, and ugly… All in all I have to say thanks to everyone who attended our event. For our second Event ever (excluding the Team Challenge and Pistol Comp) I must say I was pleased with it! I had a blast watching everyone’s excitement and the smiles on their faces. Yes you can never make everyone happy but I only heard a few complaints during the game. There were some things that threw us and I was sure this was going to happen. However I was surprised that it happened so quickly. We were not ready for our first medical issue and it showed in the amount of time it took to find and remove the first player. I’ve made myself a pretty good list of the do’s and don’t for the next event we host and I’m sure that after going through all the emails I will have plenty more to add. I must say that we threw some things out there that the admis argued about repeatedly, some worked and some didn’t. But that’s the joy of putting yourself out there. I can honestly say that Crazyer and I put our hearts into this event, and while not perfect I am still proud of the final result. We hit 90% of the goals we set and we gave it our all. I think the story line and premise of the game is sound and hope to see it become a yearly event. As with all things in life the first time is the worst time, and it will only get better. So please guys, keep your comments rolling in. I will not apologize for anything that was done during the game except my intervention during the election part of the event. For the Separatist squad I interrupted I truly do apologize for that. I was wrong and it was a very bad judgment on my part. I am sorry that the game wasn’t perfect but to expect it to be would be crazy and unrealistic. There were many problems both on and off the field and I was happy that we overcame most to have a very exciting game. To every one who wants to vent or complain, I welcome you to give me a call, or email myself requesting a call. I’m not one to get hot tempered and would love to hear your concerns, complaints, or praise!!! It is by an act of faith that we choose to host these types of events and I hope that you all will have faith in us to come back with a better events in the future. But we do need your help to make each event better than the last. I truly enjoyed myself and the company of the players on the field. I know tempers get high at times and people can say thing the soon regret. I just hope that you all will realize that we are all looking for the same thing, “a great time playing Airsoft”. So give the other guy the benefit of the dought, bring your concerns to the players that host games and events so we can work together to ensure that everyone is on the same page and we all work together to have FUN. After all, at the end of the day we are all going home. Don’t let one negative turn Airsoft into a deeply rooted grudge. Thanks again and I’m looking forward to seeing you all on the field. For those that host events please email me your details and I will do my best to promote and attend any event that comes to our area. Anyone who attended this event can count on me to do the same for them. (Just give me plenty of notice)!!!

Thanks Again for the Support,
Nathan Mack
Panhadle Airsoft
850.867.7020 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PS. Due to not receiving raffle prizes we have not drawn for those as of yet. We did not receive our prizes from the sponsors we had and the ones that were listed will be donated directly from Panhandle Airsoft as soon as they arrive. A list will be posted shortly and when the items arrive they will be sent out.
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
Springer
Springer

http://www.panhandleairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 29th June 2010, 3:28 am

Sounds like you guys had an tons of fun this last weekend , wish I was there to play or even help admin the game.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 29th June 2010, 6:00 pm

you were there in spirit
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 29th June 2010, 6:08 pm

myself and cheese left right before sunrise cuz we had too much fun that night and we didnt wanna ruin it. Laughing we were having so much fun that we cant stop high fiving each other. we need to do a night game on one of the regular game days. what u think?
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyerchris 29th June 2010, 6:13 pm

hahahaha -999999999999 points go to the loyalists for excessive high fiving

crazyerchris
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 29th June 2010, 6:25 pm

not funny --------------- cheers
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th June 2010, 7:08 pm

We were thinkin the same thing at our field with one set of those boom lights. Just a regular game day but at night with maybe a bit of an op built in.

Back to top Go down

Post by MackPerformance 29th June 2010, 8:17 pm

Now there's the spirit!!! More Games + More Fun = alot of injuries due to high fives. Still can't belive that the Seperatists let two lone sneaky bastards take the whole base in a matter of seconds. Wouldn't have belived it had I not been there!!! Oh and they took the intel that had just been awarded to the Seperatists. All before 12:00am. Next time we will have to handicap CDR and Cheese. I think they should have their legs tied together.
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 29th June 2010, 8:34 pm

cheese did all the work but you can tie me up whenever u like mack Wink Laughing
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 29th June 2010, 8:54 pm

When did anyone take the Separatist's base? ...I don;t remember that. I am pretty sure we were all there until after 12:00am. I didn't know we had any intel at that time either.

Oh and man..I loved playing at night. We will definitely playing at night in the future.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

http://www.mississippiairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dino 29th June 2010, 10:32 pm

did the night go well for you pops Twisted Evil

dino
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 29th June 2010, 10:49 pm

dino wrote:did the night go well for you pops Twisted Evil

You were with me the whole night. I believe we experienced the same things.

I never thought I would ever say that I spent the night with a large black man and enjoyed it.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyerchris 29th June 2010, 10:54 pm

woooooooo that doesn't sound like any mission we gave! Very Happy

crazyerchris
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th June 2010, 6:31 am

Nahhh nahhh nahhh the seperatists base was never lost through out the entire op. It was attacked by cheese and cdr but they were ran off a couple of times. As far as the intel goes I know nothing about that since there was never one piece of intel given directly to me. So I cant speak for that. We did loose our commander early on to firendly fire. But the base was controlled by the southern commandos from the start of the game till around 2am when we decided to leave another squad to defend it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pops 30th June 2010, 7:07 am

That's how I remember it too. I was just making sure I didn't miss something.
Pops
Pops
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by FOXHOUND_SIN 30th June 2010, 1:12 pm

Is it possible someone can write me up a good after action report of this game? I would like to use it on the radio show over at SEA radio!

FOXHOUND_SIN
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyerchris 30th June 2010, 1:20 pm

hey foxhound PM mackperformance....that's kina his specialty Very Happy

crazyerchris
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by MackPerformance 30th June 2010, 2:03 pm

Did someone slip me a roofie? I could have swore that CDR, Cheese, Allout, and Big D were all standing in the Seperatists base after they (CDR and Cheese) took out everyone in the base which ='s 1 Commander kill and 1 LT kill. I belive it was the Loyalist players laughing and the Commander (allout) and LT (Big D) shaking their heads.

I've got a missing debrief already wrote up on the PH forum. Its under after action, just below games and events. If I am missing anything and I'm sure I am add your stories to the post and we can piece the action together. I know the entire time I was having a blast just listening to all the stories as the game was going on.
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 30th June 2010, 4:47 pm

it wasnt friendly on allout in the beginning. it was cheese first trigger pull. we just stayed quiet when he was asking if it was friendly cuz we didnt wanna reveal our position. Very Happy
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next