The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GBB as Primary Selection....

4 posters

Go down

GBB as Primary Selection.... Empty GBB as Primary Selection....

Post by Guest 12th September 2010, 9:31 am

There are a few things wrong with Gas Blow Back weapons.

Moderate maintenance.
As far as I can tell, this is no different than any real steel, so I can mitigate this as an issue.

Limited ammo.
Well, real steel doesn't have many high caps, and it's a great challenge.

Cost of magazines.
This is an issue, by comparison AEG's are a dime a dozen, and by extension, compatibility with other players ("Here, make 'em count!") is limited.

Cold weather intolerance.
I have a cold weather intolerance, why shouldn't my gun? This is an issue but I have a rule that says I don't want to live anywhere with snow on the ground for more than 48 hours.

-----

But unless I am missing something more blatant, I don't see anything wrong with using them as a primary weapon.

So, to that end, I am looking at three possible weapons.

SCAR
Already out, can play as soon as I buy, but it is the most like an M4/16, and while I am most familiar with them, a bit boring

G36
On the way, in theory at least. I've always liked the look of this gun, perhaps it's just the carrying handle or something.

L85
Now this one is just cool. Also, work in progress. Yeah RS sucks, and the switches are all wrong and it's not intuitive, as far as I can tell, but it looks nice. Only bonus is that it'll use the same M4/SCAR magazines.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Start with a SCAR and then get an L85 someday, or wait for the G36?

2. Is there any more compelling argument against GBB as a primary, than that I have listed?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

GBB as Primary Selection.... Empty Re: GBB as Primary Selection....

Post by allout 12th September 2010, 10:02 am

i have 4 gbbr and love them , now with that said they tend to shoot hot and you need to be able to slow them down i have done this with the WE m4/m16/scar , mags tend to leak and need to be reworked often , they tend not to be as accurate as an aeg do to their hop up design , with all this i still love mine and run them as much as i can / if you want one start with the scar they work good and you should be able to sell it when you want swap out to something different
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 12th September 2010, 10:12 am

Well to be honest,

Most all players are still using the AEG's, I think Allout, and one other guy is using GBBR , Having an restriction on capacity of magazine, So you have to conserve the ammo.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 12th September 2010, 12:30 pm

I had the WE 416 and the WE SCAR and its just badass to run with em but u do have to realize ur gonna need some extra mags some spare parts and b willing to do more maintence with the GBBRs but to me it is completly worth it but like allout said i would go with the WE SCAR all day considering its 260 bucks for a brand new one and there r plenty of parts to b found for it but also realize u will have to upgrade the trigger group with steel components and it would b smart to get the adjustable nozzle so u can lower the FPS but there is no feeling like the feelin of a GBBR
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th September 2010, 5:08 pm

Absolutely. I'll need at least 7 to be competitive, for more than a few minutes - even then, there's a challenge. However, I'll never have to worry about lo-cap games, and who knows, maybe I'll invent a 'belt-fed' version. Razz

I'll probably keep it stock for as long as possible, NPAS and other internals as needed (which might end up being immediately). I'm not afraid of maintenance, it's part of the fun (or at least the bi...ranting sessions while weapon cleaning was) of the experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 12th September 2010, 7:40 pm

so...very expensive
2: very finiky i broke a part on my friends 416 that was very hard to replace.
3: need alot of TLC. i then had to clean his 416 allot.
4: very expensive
5: the kjw my other teamate had had multiple bolt faliures, by that i mean we had to pic up the shattered peices of his bolt from the floor.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 12th September 2010, 7:42 pm

The NPAS will b needed unless u modify the nozzle urself or it will shoot too hot and my WE 416 broke the trigger group the first gameday on the WE gbbs the trigger group components r pot metal and dont usually last very long i dont no which brand u will b going with i only have experience with the WE and an ACM which is impossible to get mags for and it also broke the disconnector rather quickly and the the bolt carrier cracked so i would not recommend that at all i would go with the WE but i dont no what ur budget is
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th September 2010, 8:42 pm

You mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 13th September 2010, 5:48 pm

All i would get is the ra-tech npas u dont really need the rest of the kit right off the bat i would save the money for the rest of those parts and invest in a steel disconnector, if u want to get a steel valve striker that wouldnt b a waste either but not necessary immediately i would put money in the trigger group and npas first i have heard good things bout the stinger hop up but have no first hand experience with it but truthfully allout is the GBB man to talk to he helped me alot with the ones i had
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down