The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gearboxes (springs)

3 posters

Go down

gearboxes (springs) Empty gearboxes (springs)

Post by airsofthobby9812 8th October 2010, 7:23 pm

I just bought a new G&G m4A1 combat machine w/ high torque motor. it has a little bit lower fps than i want (it is currently 380...according to multiple sites and comments.) and was thinking about upgrading the spring.
First, what spring would you guys recommend for this gun
Second, I've heard taking apart and reassembling gearboxes and their parts can be tough and I was wondering if you guys had any idea of how to do it without totally messing everything up in the gearbox and prevent me from buying a whole new one....

airsofthobby9812
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

gearboxes (springs) Empty Re: gearboxes (springs)

Post by Howie 8th October 2010, 7:45 pm

To be honest with you right now , I would leave the FPS along, 380 FPS is good enough. Second if your not familiar with gearboxes chances are something will go wrong and you'll be out of an new AEG, also at the Hotel it's good to keep your FPS down low. Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by dmxsoulja3 8th October 2010, 9:20 pm

if it is the Combat machine with blow back you will shoot about 380, mine shot about 389 at the hotel, anything else will shoot to hot for even the field use.

I agree with Howie, leave it alone, 380 is plennnty, plus I have quickly realized .25 bb's and accuracy mods lead me to more kills than anything else.

dmxsoulja3
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by airsofthobby9812 8th October 2010, 9:57 pm

oh okay sounds good to me. and i actually dont have the blowback version. thanks for the tips

airsofthobby9812
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down