The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incorporating Military training and drills into airsoft?

+9
Animal Mother
Wackary
CDR
allout
Nick
Fast
Howie
Ian.
Ghost
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Incorporating Military training and drills into airsoft?   Empty Incorporating Military training and drills into airsoft?

Post by Ghost 9th December 2010, 4:33 pm

Okay guys, I want to know how many of you have used military drills, procedures, etc... Just wondering their usefulness for your team or for yourself. I know my training has helped. My friend is a Pararescue sniper who's seen combat from Vietnam to Afghanistan, and my other is a delta operator, who works with "The Unit." I've gotten extensive training from both of them on how to things, like overwatch, cover fire, moving forward under fire, backwards, recon and surveillance, etc. I'm seventeen and my dad was in the Marine Corp so he's helped me too. Like precision marksmanship Smile Just wondering if anyone has used training like that because I see more and more people dressing up to look good. Like that replaces talent... Please let me know if you have or not?

Ghost
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Incorporating Military training and drills into airsoft?   Empty Re: Incorporating Military training and drills into airsoft?

Post by Ian. 9th December 2010, 4:37 pm

My uncle is in a USMC he showed me some training stuff they do like the boot camp sort of thing for me i find myself getting better at airsoft each time i use the tactics he showed me

Ian.
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Incorporating Military training and drills into airsoft?   Empty Re: Incorporating Military training and drills into airsoft?

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 4:41 pm

I totally believe that if you dress up prettily, your team will win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 4:47 pm

I believe everybody has some type of training, Tactic's and such! Some of the tactics used is self taught, then you find out, what works and what does not work, Everybody has an good day, Everybody has an bad day. Some days your nothing more then an BB magnet, other days you have to shot yourself just so that you been hit, It's alot more then just dressing the part many other things goes with airsoft. I am sure the everybody will agree with this. Very Happy Laughing Smile
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 4:52 pm

I don't. It's all about the costumes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 4:54 pm

Just come on out Saturday to Wilcox, and see for yourself, Ghost Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 9th December 2010, 5:11 pm

I agree with Che Chuy, if you look good then you are going to kick ass- I envey all you guys with uncles that teach you tactics-all my uncle did was touch me! Che Chuy is my uncle by the way!
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost 9th December 2010, 5:20 pm

Yeah, looks are all that matter. Bs. Rich bastards. Okay, let's keep this serious please? What type of tactics or training have you encountered. Does anyone even shoot actual firearms that play airsoft? I've seen many people going around with fingers on their trigger...

Ghost
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 5:36 pm

An bunch us went throught so basic CQB training and our instructor was surprized that he didn't have yell about fingers on triggers, I also go through small arms certification each year, Yes I shoot real steel, and so does everybody else, gee your in the freaky south, everybody owns an few real steel, not talking about grandpa shot gun either.

On more serious note , you not going to hear many people talking about tactics to give up our advantage when playing, why be handicap by telling.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 9th December 2010, 5:42 pm

Yes quite a few airsofters shoot realsteel. I have way more experience with realsteel than my brief time in airsoft. I do see alot of ppl running around with there fingers on the trigger safeties off sweeping everyone around them but dont stereotype everyone into one group. I have had some training with a SWAT team instructor and whenever possible i try to practice the drills he taught me. But not everyone has special forces friends to teach them things i mean everyone has to start somewhere. I would like to see more firearm safety and responsibility out in the field but maybe those who dont no havent been taught, how about next time u see someone acting unsafe with there airsoft weapon stop them and tell them the right way to do it, isnt that how we can make airsoft in our area bigger and better?
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 9th December 2010, 5:51 pm

if you learn all the tactics but don't get out there and apply them you have learned nothing , i had some training in the late 80s and some swat with the other guys, and yes i shoot real steel , placed 45th in my last glock shoot cheers
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 5:53 pm

To be fair, w can talk general tactics, not 'how to take and hold x, y or z' at Wilcox.

I'm not rich.

Yes, I have real steel, although I have not shot in years (California closed my last shooting site, and I have not shot since coming out here).
Yes, I have had military training, although pink IS my favorite color.
As to milsim / real life / whatever tactics incorporated, this group does do the rare training day, but a lot of it is 'learn by doing'.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with going Rambo. There is nothing wrong with movie tactics. There is nothing wrong with doing whatever makes you happy (so long as no one gets really hurt).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost 9th December 2010, 5:55 pm

That's a great idea! I wish we all had a day where we could all just sit down and talk tactics, and then use them against each other.I don't mean to be an ass or anything, but it just seems that so many people put way too much faith in all that expensive gear and none in training or tactics. I guess I'm just paranoid because that's how I was taught, via my father. Howie, would it be okay if I brought out my Pararescue friend to watch or play, because I'm pretty sure he would love to. He's got all the equipment necessary to play, and real peltor comtacs, etc. He's retired now, but he still works on his friends weapons before they deploy. I think my Delta friend is in Afghanistan but I don't really know. Randy the pararescue guy has some other spec ops friends in the area that are interested in coming and watching or playing. Ranger, one Delta operator, two SEALS, and one more Pararescue, all of varying ages. I'm just thinking it would be cool for you guys to meet them and learn, and then play! I shot in a couple of LR matches in Pascagoula at the 1000yrd range. Varying distances from 400, 500, 800, 1000 using a Savage 10FCP-K with Nightforce 6-24/50mm, mated to a Phantom silencer Smile .308 of course!

Ghost
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 9th December 2010, 5:58 pm

everyone is welcome to come out and play , watch , train , hang out , talk , bs, whatever , we are a friendly group
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 9th December 2010, 6:00 pm

the more sh#t i put on the better i get lol! yes a lot of guys here are real steel shooters and yes we/they train with real world tactics. just to give u a piece of advice, theres a lot of humor in this forum so dont get offended by the jokes. some people dont take this sport too serious being its their hobby, sometimes when it gets too serious it looses the fun factor. im in the military but if you meet me ull never think that i am one. silent Very Happy
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 9th December 2010, 6:02 pm

disco booty bounce
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackary 9th December 2010, 6:15 pm

I learned everything I know from watching TV....
"Lighten up Francis."
Wackary
Wackary
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 9th December 2010, 6:19 pm

Real guns scare the daylights out of me! I went to school with a guy that once did a HANO jump while he was in the army and he taught me to run away when people shoot at you!
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 6:29 pm

HANO? High Altitude, No Opening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackary 9th December 2010, 7:09 pm

Che Chuy wrote:HANO? High Altitude, No Opening?
Of course Chuy, it provides for a much faster, stealthier descent, of course the landings pose some difficulty. That is why Seals/Spec Ops guys are BADDASS!
Wackary
Wackary
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 9th December 2010, 10:15 pm

I take offense to the mockery of those people, like me, who use expensive equipment. It all comes down to something that most people on these boards don't have, which is experience. Being in this hobby over 7 years, I know what works and what doesn't. I like to perform aggressively during games/operations, so I need gear that can keep up with me. I plate carriers that are made by real deal companies because they hold up, I wear helmets in cqb because I might be moving fast into a room/area and bump my head. I might have to slide or dive behind cover and I don't want my gear falling apart. It all comes down to, I'd rather worry about the immediate action at hand then worry about out-performing my gear and equipment.

As far as tactics go, straight up military tactics will not work. You aren't dealing with real firearms and the engagement distances that the military is used to. You aren't dealing with the ammo restrictions and rate of fire restraints that modern firearms have. Time and time again, over the years of my airsoft existence, my team and I have countlessly destroyed those individuals that keep a close-minded idea that their military tactics are superior and infallible. The tactics that work best in airsoft are airsoft tactics, and you only can acquire them through experience.

We all start as novices at one point in our airsoft lives, and the most important think you can do at this stage is to listen to the veteran players, ask questions, and most importantly, get out and play. Most beginner players get overwhelmed with buying the best gun, getting the best equipment setup, having high ROF and FPS, and having the best tactics when you should just be focusing on gaining experience, and learning from the community.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 10:27 pm

I would have to agree with Animal Mother Very Happy Laughing
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugnutz 10th December 2010, 9:20 am

Me and a few guys I play with run drills for CQB all the time. It never hurts to know what you need to do. We used to play on a CQB field so... our tactics don't work as well at wilcox it being a bigger field
Lugnutz
Lugnutz
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by braxt360 10th December 2010, 12:38 pm

yea cdr i never would have thought u where in the military. and yes i think that if some of us me included would lern some more mil sim tactics it would in prove the game and make it more realistic but as chuy sed some guys jsut like to go rambo style and that is fine with me that just makes them a easy target lol!. and ghost having that many spec ops friends is awsome and scary at the same time just don't make them mad or thay will snipe u lol!
braxt360
braxt360
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th December 2010, 1:54 pm

All I know is that no matter what happens, my team mates always let me open the door and rush in by myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next