The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Day and Chain of command

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Training Day and Chain of command Empty Training Day and Chain of command

Post by Fast 9th December 2010, 8:23 pm

We need a training day at Wilcox to practice our teams field craft. I also think we need to decide on our teams leadership and our TOE. We should find out who is interested in leading the team and then vote on it. What do you guys think about assigning ranks? I think it would look really tight if we showed up to an op and had a rank and structure to our team. What about assigning someone as a training officer to organize a training schedule and procure proffesional training.What do you guys think?
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Training Day and Chain of command Empty Re: Training Day and Chain of command

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 8:37 pm

Fast you need to read the Article on M7 in that operator Magazine. each member of the team should be able to lead, be point man , rear security, and so forth. because if the team leader goes down or misses an game then the other team mates will have maybe no clue, we should cross train as much as possible to make us more deadly as an team. I do not like the Whole Rank thing, due to you do not get an lot of respect from the Vets and the guys that serving in the military. I believe if we show up with same uniforms, with our gear square away. Lot of our training days should be based on running together and working on the tactics we have already learn.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 8:43 pm

Ranks? Nah. But that's just me. We may think they are not that important, but other people will assign importance to it and it could cause some issues. Watching and playing so far, the best ones that seem to succeed are the ones that can come to a quick decision by consensus. Being able to take direction from the 'best option' or best idea at the moment and then go with it. It's that kind of maleability that makes a good team, not rigid doctrine.

TOE, definitely, or at the very least, establish what roles can be covered by each person and then fill in the gaps on a mission-by-mission need. For example, if Howie is the team leader, SAW gunner, grenadier or sniper and he's gone for a month or 4, who will fill that role?

I nominate Fast is Smooth as team leader.

Edit - Howie beat me to the punch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 8:52 pm

From the Operator Magazine , This is the approach I recommend to us.

Operator: How about a little bit on how the team is organized, such as: team structure, practices, meetings, and more?

M7 Group: Well most of the guys are veterans to what we call "hierarchy airsoft.‖ Where there is some form of team command or a core team and a mike force, recruits, etc. We wanted to stay away from that. We are all here to play a game, have fun, and win. To be a unit. To succeed together and fail together. With "hierarchy airsoft", it feels as if there can be finger pointing, politics, and unnecessary drama. So we setup to have every Operator equal. Decisions are made as a team. If you are a patched member, you hold stock in the unit and the unit‘s outcome. We let guys volunteer for needed positions like fire-team leads, or command at big operations. This let's everyone have a shot at it. We would rather have every Operator have a shot at leading the unit into battle and dying at it, rather than have a single successful command and no one ever gets to try leading. Growth and opportunity are important to us. You never know when you have a diamond in the rough. This structure we have setup helps build confidence, moral, and an overall family feel. Each man pulls his weight voluntarily. We never have to ask a fellow team mate to step up and do something, chances are they‘ve already read your mind and done it.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 8:56 pm

That's what I said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 9th December 2010, 9:03 pm

I couldnt open the m7 thing and I dont think we would be looking for respect from vets or current active duty. We would have structure and if we had someone in charge then we would have a plan of action and could get things done. But these are just thoughts to guide us on our mary way.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 9:07 pm

Not to big on the whole rank either, One freedom form MSA with rip them off our chest., So I rather just stay away from addressing the whole rank issuse
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 9:21 pm

Um, what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 9th December 2010, 9:23 pm

Che Chuy-thanks for the vote of confidence but no thanks-Howie-who is freedom form MSA? I guess that they are some sort of exmilitary unit that plays airsoft?
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 9:26 pm

One freedom over at MSA, is in the army, you'll meet him in an few weeks, Pops son is not big on carry ranks on the shoulder if you didn't earn them.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 9:28 pm

And who is he to touch my rank, or know if I earned it? That's kinda douch-ee if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 9:31 pm

I mean for you no problem, you earn your rank, but if you were never in the service now thats an different subject.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 9:38 pm

That's my point. Who is he to say someone is not the rank they are? Oh, sure, a 19 year old is not gonna be a general, but I'm old and way out of shape. Most people that meet me think I've never been in the military, which is just fine.

But still.

Rank, if we choose that, is no different than wearing WWII era kit; I wasn't in it, so do I have the right to wear the uniform? Hell, I'm not a contractor, nor was I ever a member of a militia in Somalia or Viet Cong. But I may end up on that team - is that any different?

Now, I may be over reacting (and I'm really not offended), but it's just as offensive to me as walking into a restaurant that cuts your tie off.

It's my fucking tie, don't touch me or it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 9:47 pm

yeah Ijust rather stay away from anything like that due to an whole problem that arise from it.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th December 2010, 9:48 pm

Fair enough, sorry for the rant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 9:50 pm

nothing you did , glad to hear you rant. Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 9th December 2010, 9:55 pm

I can understand a little but we arent talking about a CIB or anything like that. We dont have to use standard army rank. We could design our own but I think that maybe we shouldnt go down that road as Che Chuy is right as it may bring more problems than organization.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 10:17 pm

I like the way M7 put their team together, it makes it even to each member for the success of the team, Each member will be trained in all the positions to give us an better edge,

To give you an exsample, When we go to bum rush field, Allout would take command, When we go to Crestview it could be Nick, allout, Big D , or even me, then when we go to Phenix City it would be allout, Nick, Dwanye, or even me. reason why I say this is because each person had play the field, so it gives us an advantage, because they may remember the field like photographic memory. So if the other team knows this they will not be guning for one person, each person of the team could be the lead teammate.
So if you got somebody like Zig, Steelwill, or You that have not play the field we would lose some advantage. So it's best to leave the Head man in charge as an rotating job.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 9th December 2010, 10:35 pm

Good rational thinking- I never want to be in charge period. I would rather be a team member than a leader.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th December 2010, 10:40 pm

I look at things, to see where we can get the advantage, so many players goes with how many kills, and wanting to be in charge, I mean we all like to get high kills and wins, I like it also but I want to be as tactical as I can and try to outthink the other team if possible. Very Happy Laughing Smile
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent D 10th December 2010, 3:49 pm

funny...... What a Face
Agent D
Agent D
Novice
Novice

https://www.facebook.com/lewis.d.glaze

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 10th December 2010, 3:55 pm

thats it , fast for team commander , 1 vote
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 10th December 2010, 4:01 pm

Allout for team leader-7 votes which trumps Allouts vote by 6. I think that most team members will agree with me on this one that Allout would be a fantastic team lead.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th December 2010, 4:03 pm

I think we should do it by weight, so that means my vote alone is worth just about 300.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 10th December 2010, 4:30 pm

Tag, I'm Not it! Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content