The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 M28 Rifle, finally after 7 years I get a chance to snipe!

5 posters

Go down

Echo 1 M28 Rifle, finally after 7 years I get a chance to snipe! Empty Echo 1 M28 Rifle, finally after 7 years I get a chance to snipe!

Post by jpresley17 16th December 2010, 3:09 pm

I sent this link out to a few of you guys over facebook already, but I found what seems to be a sniper rifle ready to go out of the box. I wanted to share it with everyone else, since legit sniper rifles require a lot of money to build. It's echo 1's m28 (based off the m24), which shoots 530ish out of the box. I was skeptical at first, but after reading the descriptions and doing a little research it appears to be compatible with a lot of VSR-10 parts, and it is reported that some companies will soon be making upgraded parts for the rifle. The gun is only $175, so it is very affordable; I'd list all the stuff about this gun but you can read about it on the various airsoft dealer's websites. Here is the link to airsoft atlanta:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I asked for this for christmas, and I just so happened to see a receipt from airsoft atlanta which included this rifle, some .30g goldenball bb's, scope rings, and a firefly hard bucking. I've always wanted to try sniping and I have a very good feeling I will get great satisfaction out of the role. I'll write up a little review of the rifle after a little while, so be heads up for that

jpresley17
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Echo 1 M28 Rifle, finally after 7 years I get a chance to snipe! Empty Re: Echo 1 M28 Rifle, finally after 7 years I get a chance to snipe!

Post by allout 16th December 2010, 5:52 pm

cool, hope it does well for you
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Echo 1 M28 Rifle, finally after 7 years I get a chance to snipe! Empty Re: Echo 1 M28 Rifle, finally after 7 years I get a chance to snipe!

Post by Longbow 17th December 2010, 2:02 pm

can't wait to see how it works for you.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by jpresley17 17th December 2010, 8:15 pm

got it today and was able to fire it to make sure it works before i had to put it back under the christmas tree Mad ...in my short testing opportunity i found it to shoot straight out to around 100 ft with .3 bb's before losing sight of them...more details to follow after the 25th

jpresley17
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 20th December 2010, 7:43 pm

Unfortunately, the M28 is not 100% VSR compatible. Here is a brief list from what I have seen.

TM Compatible:
barrel cut (not length, though)
hopup unit
trigger unit (except the LayLax Zero Trigger without some modification)
spring guide
spring

NOT TM Compatible:
cylinder
piston
cylinder head
receiver

Not sure about magazines yet, though.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by cantfindme 20th December 2010, 8:27 pm

yea! Thats like my AGM. Not everything is compatable with it, but they arent very hard to find parts for I wouldnt think. Enjoy. Its a great looking gun!
cantfindme
cantfindme
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 20th December 2010, 11:13 pm

heh. it's new, the aftermarket parts support might take a while to catch on. Expect to invest in some nice new sears, the 45deg system that it comes with was never designed for more than 300fps or so. Aside from that, the rest of it won't be too likely to wear down in OEM form, although it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up a Nineball bucking and PDI barrel for her.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by cantfindme 21st December 2010, 11:00 am

Sounds like you have it all figured out as is. You never know though. You take it apart and get to looking you'll end-up seeing that this part is the same as this gun, and this one is the same as that gun ( or at least maybe with a small mod make it work with a better part) . I love modding!! I have been in to airsoft about 3 months now, but I can see already that these guns are very simple, and there is a lot you can do to make them better. If you have a good mind set or them things. Even the AEG's are easy to work. A tight bore is always a plus. And on a sniper rifle a light trigger is a must. You get them figured out you should be golden!
cantfindme
cantfindme
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down