The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Action Review (Sniper Comp)

3 posters

Go down

After Action Review (Sniper Comp) Empty After Action Review (Sniper Comp)

Post by Guest 25th March 2011, 1:19 pm

After Action Review: Longshot Sniper Competition
Otherwise titled: What I learned while watching everyone sneak around.

Event One: Stationary Targets
.....Snipers (and spotters) moved from range to range shooting at one target, counting all hits.
.....Definitely different than I had envisioned. I had thought there would be a set of targets at various ranges and the sniper would get comfy in one spot and shoot at all the targets.
.....With one target, points cannot be variable without taking significant time checking the targets.
Ideas:
.....Next time, I think hits should count based on the target itself - 1 point if you hit the target, 2 points inside some designated point. Sharpies would really help mark the papers easily and quickly.

Event Two: Sniper Balloon Pop.
.....Snipers shoot from as far as they can to pop a balloon in 3 shots or less.
.....That was funny. Apparently, you can only pop a balloon from half the range with which you can hit a target.
Ideas:
.....I wonder if a little water inside the balloon would make it more stable.?.?.?. Perhaps it should be five shots total? Or one shot at a time (as a group) until the first three balloons are popped.

Event Three: The Long Shot
.....Shoot until the last person can still hit a target.
.....I sat this one out, so I don’t know what happened.
Ideas:
.....I don’t have any, except, leave your significant others at home if you don’t want them to embarrass you.

Event Four: Obstacle Course
.....Run through three events, timed.
.....Went fine.
Ideas:
.....I thought it should have been longer, with more obstacles. That way no one could sprint through the whole thing - that a tactical walk would be the optimal speed. I thought they should have been walked through the village with targets along the way at both pistol and sniper ranges.

Event Five: Costume Contest
.....Ghillie Suit Dress Up
.....No one wanted to do it because it was too hot, until they realized how many points it was worth. I didn’t know we were going to have the teams hide and then come look for them.
Ideas:
.....I don’t think the points would have been as influential if the points from the first event were not cut in half. As to the hidey hole - I really think we should have made them hide in a twenty by twenty foot area and then compared their skills.

Event Six: The Stalk
.....Sneak up on the targets and shoot them without being detected.
.....Three spotters, three walking spotters, a tough maneuver.
Ideas:
.....The sentries should have a planned route that was known to all the teams, and they should have been pulled off their routes faster. It has been suggested that the tower spotters have ear muffs, but I disagree; we could hear the units moving, but could not find them. True it gave us a clue as to where they were, but it was in no way definite.
.....The “ten-foot” sticks were a great idea as it defined how far we could see, and if they were marked again we could use those to define how far the walker can see when being guided to a spot.
.....Another thing that was thought up as a bonus is that the snipers should be able to ‘bang’ the sentries as they walk by undetected, for bonus points to counteract the hunt for them.

I am sure there are things I am forgetting, but hopefully this will get the ball rolling.

What are/were your thoughts?

Back to top Go down

After Action Review (Sniper Comp) Empty Re: After Action Review (Sniper Comp)

Post by CDR 25th March 2011, 2:27 pm

-2 Observers (stationary spot), did i say stationary?
-1 Rover (known route)
-Walkers (cannot call out anybody, has to be guided by the observers)
-For the stalk, targets locations should be marked on the map and given to the teams.
-Ghilli suit, i don't even wanna talk about it. Team DICKS won every single event but the ghilli and ended up loosing the whole comp.
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 25th March 2011, 9:30 pm

CDR wrote:-2 Observers (stationary spot), did i say stationary?
-Walkers (cannot call out anybody, has to be guided by the observers)
Agreed. We were 'spotted' in the stalk because the walker was asked directly if he could see us, and then switched roles with the observer without first returning to the target area. This caused us to lose 5 points here where it should not have been counted.

CDR wrote:
-Ghilli suit, i don't even wanna talk about it. Team DICKS won every single event but the ghilli and ended up loosing the whole comp.
Not true. You did not win the stalk. You won 3/5 events

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 25th March 2011, 9:48 pm

STALK EVENT

Your team 1 hit=10pts, 2 balloons=2pts
compromise 3x= -15 total -3

DICKS 1 hit=10pts
compromise 2x= -10 total 0

P.S. apparently all the opfor backed out and gave 3 min to make a shot which we were not aware of. when we exfil wa saw all opfor not looking for anybody but balloons were poppin which we called freebee shots. Very Happy
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 26th March 2011, 1:30 am

hmm, I was under the impression that we had hit both of our targets during the stalk. Interesting.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th March 2011, 7:54 am

I hope we could get the points posted - it's been almost a week, and I have forgotten them.

That's something that (as a whole) this group need to work on - I've only observed two events, and communication needs to improve. Not trying to be mean, but if we want these events to grow, we really need to get our stuff together. I think we did an OK job, but I do think we could do a lot better.

Not from player to player, or admin to admin, but we need to be clear from admin to player (and vice versa), but in specific, the parameters of events and what is going to happen. We shouldn't have to work out the events as they are playing out (caveat for minor changes in timing or quantity of players, et al); this makes it harder for the players to keep up (like Ceaser not knowing about the free shot time).

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 26th March 2011, 9:52 am

scores posted , the free shot time was my call (sorry i did not yell loud enough ) it was just to end the game , we will work on the shortcomings , hope all had a good time , i know just watching was a blast , i never would have bet it would have ended in a tie
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th March 2011, 10:04 am

Oh, I should mention that I did have a good time.

Yes in-deed-ee.

I was just trying to point out where we could improve. And to the end of the stalk, it was late and we were tired, and so on. Does that make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 26th March 2011, 2:14 pm

DICKS also had a blast and i cant wait till we do it again. we will be prepared next time. thanks to all the folks that set up this event. cheers
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down