The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cheytac sniper rifle

+3
savoy6
twizzlerman
rhfrob
7 posters

Go down

cheytac sniper rifle Empty cheytac sniper rifle

Post by rhfrob 20th March 2012, 5:39 am

I'm sorry if I hurt someone's feeling when I post this, but I don't see what the big deal is about this gun. It's over weight and under powered, one of the only things it has going for it is that it looks the part, but that's it. Can somebody please fill me in.
rhfrob
rhfrob
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

cheytac sniper rifle Empty Re: cheytac sniper rifle

Post by Guest 20th March 2012, 6:34 am

Other than it has a nice post-apocalypse industrial aesthetic, I would agree with you; especially for airsoft.

Back to top Go down

Post by twizzlerman 20th March 2012, 8:12 am

Yeah I don't get it eather if I was sniping (in airsoft) I would hate it, I like the m24 replicas easy to upgrade and way cheaper.
twizzlerman
twizzlerman
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by savoy6 20th March 2012, 12:09 pm

"one of the only things it has going for it is that it looks the part" = airsoft......
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by rhfrob 22nd March 2012, 6:08 pm

Is there anyone on this forum or knows someone that has one?
rhfrob
rhfrob
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 22nd March 2012, 7:42 pm

I know a guy with a M82 AEG. Unfortunately...
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Animal Mother 22nd March 2012, 8:34 pm

Don't really see the purpose of all the negativity towards this weapon system if you've never handled one personally.
Animal Mother
Animal Mother
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd March 2012, 9:06 pm

I can extrapolate a distaste of airsoft sniper rifles based on my own experience. I can also comment on the aesthetic based on my opinions established by having used my eyes for almost half a century... ...so, yes, I can have an opinion. I believe his post might make more sense to you if he phrased it differently, such as 'is there a reason, other than aesthetically, to use this particular airsoft weapon?'.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhfrob 25th March 2012, 1:26 pm

Thanks chuy... Lol.. its nothing personal, to each their own, but I personally don't understand it, but then again I don't understand the 50 cal airsoft rifle either. I guess I wouldn't think this way if the replica actually shot further than the rest but I guarantee my weapon can out range either of them.. like I said tho, to each their own..
rhfrob
rhfrob
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Specter777 25th March 2012, 8:40 pm

It's personal choice. People get their fun from airsoft different ways. If they want a cheytac or m82 just because it looks cool more power to them. Some people may ask "Why have all that tactical gear when I can just play with hicaps and my pants pockets?" Well because people are interested in the hobby for different reasons. The glory of our hobby is that people can play it how they want.
Specter777
Specter777
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by rhfrob 25th March 2012, 8:47 pm

Ok, maybe I came off as being a smarta**. That was not my intention at all. Like I said I would understand if the replica was actually more accurate or had better range than other replicas, but the fact of the matter is it doesn't. You're absolutely right about it being a personal choice but with a weapon like those it seems to be work than fun. And if I'm wrong about the range or accuracy of either of the rifles then please someone let me know, because I spilled love to see how either of them "stack up" against my mike700.
rhfrob
rhfrob
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th March 2012, 9:45 pm

I think it was answered; some people play gas blowback rifles or use 'real caps' in their AEG's and some people use auto-winding high caps in a stubby clear M4's.

If the point of the thread is simply to say that you don't like the rifle, then you have accomplished that, and we can move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhfrob 26th March 2012, 9:10 am

No, actually the point of this thread was to try and better understand why someone would choose either of those weapon systems. I was also hoping that someone on this thread had either of them so I could actually see the guns range and accuracy. So, a reply to your statement chuy, I did not say that I hate the gun, I merely just don't understand it. I thought one of the points of this forum was to ask questions, and in the meantime maybe talk a little sh*t, lol. So if i came off as saying I hate the gun then I do apologize, that was not my intention.
rhfrob
rhfrob
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th March 2012, 9:20 am

You're fine, which is why the thread is still here. No need for an apology.

But the answer is the same to me: why would anyone use an AK over an M4 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 26th March 2012, 9:51 am

some does an impression of whoever and a weapon is part of it. im pretty sure that ur 700 did not shoot as good as it does now. im pretty sure that if u spend the time and the money to any gun, u will get the same result. i guess what im trying to say is depending on the impression, gameplay type and budget that individual have, they can make any gun work for them. sometimes realism is more important to others and unfortunately u sacrifice practicality. realism comes with the weight and all the discomfort that real steel brings.
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by rhfrob 26th March 2012, 10:27 am

CDR, there's an answer I can appreciate. You're absolutely right. And chuy you make a very valid point. The both of you do.

If anyone knows someone or a friend of a friend or whatever, lol, that has a cheytac or barrett sniper system then please point them in my direction. I would love to see either of them perform, hell who knows they may even change my thoughts about the gun. To be honest I would like to shoot against every other sniper systems out there, so I guess this is an open challenge to anyone. Lol.
rhfrob
rhfrob
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down