The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A&K SVD sniper rifle from airsoftgi.com tech issues

+2
PathFinder
PFC. Wilson
6 posters

Go down

A&K SVD sniper rifle from airsoftgi.com tech issues Empty A&K SVD sniper rifle from airsoftgi.com tech issues

Post by PFC. Wilson 23rd February 2011, 12:56 pm

i need some help figuring out the correct hopup adjustment. its a spring powered weapon and i know how to adjust the hop up but i cant get it within even 2 meters of my target. i need some help getting it precise. btw the hopup adjusts by three tiny screws inside the the bolt. im getting frustrated with it.
PFC. Wilson
PFC. Wilson
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

A&K SVD sniper rifle from airsoftgi.com tech issues Empty Re: A&K SVD sniper rifle from airsoftgi.com tech issues

Post by Guest 23rd February 2011, 1:41 pm

Move the target? Very Happy

Actually, if you can tell us what it's doing? Are the bb's falling short, or is it a grouping thing? Could it be a dirty barrel, or a too-light bb?

Back to top Go down

A&K SVD sniper rifle from airsoftgi.com tech issues Empty Re: A&K SVD sniper rifle from airsoftgi.com tech issues

Post by PFC. Wilson 23rd February 2011, 4:06 pm

it was a group thing. i got them grouped now i want them zeroed. they were going where ever the hell they wanted. i took out the middle screw completly(more like it fell out and got lost) but it fixed the problem to where i can almost hit a coke can at 200ft. i just need it zeroed.
PFC. Wilson
PFC. Wilson
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by PathFinder 23rd February 2011, 5:37 pm

well make sure u use a heavy bb and yes make sure the barell is clean.then let us know
PathFinder
PathFinder
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd February 2011, 7:14 pm

Scope or iron sights?

Back to top Go down

Post by PFC. Wilson 23rd February 2011, 7:56 pm

i just got it in the other day from airsoft gi. no scope only irons and im using the ammo that it came with. what weight would you reccomend. i have a zillion and 3 of .12g 6mm bbs. btw this gun hurts like a mucker fother.
PFC. Wilson
PFC. Wilson
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 23rd February 2011, 8:48 pm

.28 maybe more, whats its fps
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziguca 23rd February 2011, 8:53 pm

Running those .12s in that gun is prolly 90% of your problem. Your never gonna get a consistant group with that light of ammo. You need to be running at least .28 for a consistant grouping. I would even say go with .30g. You'll prolly loose some range but gain accuracy

Ziguca
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

http://www.ukcyberassassins.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PFC. Wilson 23rd February 2011, 9:23 pm

fps 420-450. how much would it alter my range?
PFC. Wilson
PFC. Wilson
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 23rd February 2011, 9:32 pm

ur gonna need 30s at least my spring sniper was shooting 475 with 20s but i shot 40s through it and it had much better grouping it had a range of about 175+
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd February 2011, 9:48 pm

There are too many factors other than trial and error - at least without getting into higher math.

I would say your theoretical max is 200 ft, so I'd say a drop of 10% or 180 feet-ish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 24th February 2011, 12:27 am

The A&K SVD likes .28g BBs best at its stock power level. I've modded two of them to shoot 250'+ although in stock trim they can reach 180-200 no problem with .28-.30g

The barrel is long enough that the rifle does not yield any additional energy from a .28 to a .30g, so your range will be decreased by the extra bit of energy you have to use for hopping a .3 instead of a .28

Minimal differences, but from what I've seen, they just seem to favor the .28g by GB or G&G (both feed well)

I'm at most of the game days for Wilcox, let me know if you want me to take a look.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziguca 24th February 2011, 8:02 pm

One other thing. If and when you get your scope, sight it in with the bbs your going to use in game. If you sight it in using bbs with less weight, then switch to heavier bb, it's going to affect your weapons performance and accuracy

Ziguca
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

http://www.ukcyberassassins.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PFC. Wilson 24th February 2011, 9:33 pm

awesome. appreciate it guys.
PFC. Wilson
PFC. Wilson
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down