The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY G&G Blowback gearbox pics and a video!

Go down

DIY G&G Blowback gearbox pics and a video! Empty DIY G&G Blowback gearbox pics and a video!

Post by dmxsoulja3 28th December 2010, 10:15 am

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post some pics of the gearbox, internals, etc, for future reference since I know alot of us are running them. Hopefully if you get stuck or can't get a piece back in or just don't remember you can look back. I recently had mine torn down for some upgrades and got lots of pics.

Outside Gearbox: Brass bushings stock
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blow back port:
Opened up: Notice it is pretty clean inside, G&G makes a nice gun for the money
Close up:
Different Angle:
Stock parts left vs. Upgrade parts right: Element high speed Long type motor, Element Piston/Silent head(I used stock piston in the end), Element bearing spring guide(the stock one isn't too bad), Element cylinder/silent head, Element M115 spring (except its not) lol
Rewired the motor/added MOSFET
Fresh Grease and new piston/cylinder/head installed: NOTE: you have to modify the cylinder if you use something other than stock to disable blowback!
Back into the body, MOSFET shrink wrapped and now I'm wired for Deans

Things I learned: The G&G piston is great, don't swap it out unless you are going really high end, make certain the spring you get is actually the spring you ordered, this is sometimes difficult because it could be in the right packaging, but look at the pictures, notice how much thicker the M115 is over my stock G&G that shot 350fps, lol I wish I would have stopped and not put it together with that spring as I'm having to take it back down again as it is shooting sniper style hot lol.

AND Finally, the gearbox running, motor height adjusted, blow back disabled, on a half charged 11.1v 20C lipo, this is with the Element M115 spring, there is no way its an M115 because it was so thick and strong, its no where under 400fps, so I am going to take the GB back down and switch to a lighter spring, but here is a video of it running, I'm turning 25 rounds per second even with the stiff spring, when I lighten it, I hope to go mid 30's on ROF with around 370fps. Give me a box mag and a bag of BB's and I will put most SAW's to shame. See you guys on the field! - J
Movie:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dmxsoulja3
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down